Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Met any stingy smokers anyone?

I find their quite liberal with the cash. There is the odd bitch who bums them all every night out. Pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

I find their quite liberal with the cash. There is the odd bitch who bums them all every night out. Pun intended.

What pun?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    What pun?

Maybe she bums fags and lets people else bum her as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jayteecork wrote: »
    Maybe she bums fags and lets people else bum her as well?
    Pics and/or phone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I was telling my dad about this thread today and he told me two great stories;

1. He was in the shop one day when a local man came in, on his feet he was wearing a pair of children's runners with the front part cut off, including the sole, and had his toes hanging out. He'd cut them up instead of buying a new, proper pair so he could fit his feet into them.

2. A man who runs a local pub was met with tourists from Hell one day. Four of them came in at opening time, about 11am, drenched from the rain and sat by the fire the man had just lit. They then proceeded to order four glasses of tap water. Come lunch time, they were still there, so the man told them they'd have to buy something or leave. They asked for one bowl of soup and kept asking for more brown bread, which came free, on the side. Four in the afternoon came, weather had cleared up so they decided to make tracks and got up from their seats to go to the bar to pay for their one bowl of soup.
    The barman disappeared round the back, came back in with a bucket full of water and chucked it at them: "you came in wet and you'll damn well leave wet!"

Haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

haha love it saw a guy in mc donalds robbing loads of packets of ketchup and salt and heard him say to his mate that he fill up the salt and ketchup at home when they start to run low classy guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

BASTARDS. I know one girl and at every party we're at together she constantly asks me. She can **** off and buy her own.

Kersmash wrote: »
    BASTARDS. I know one girl and at every party we're at together she constantly asks me. She can **** off and buy her own.

When I smoked some young lady approached me on the street and asked me for a cigeratte. She was pretty and not a scummer at all so I gave her one.

The cheeky c*** then asked me for another one straight away.
    I had mind to grab the first one back off her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

clinchy wrote: »
    haha love it saw a guy in mc donalds robbing loads of packets of ketchup and salt and heard him say to his mate that he fill up the salt and ketchup at home when they start to run low classy guy
    Who doesn't do that? I don't even actually buy salt :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I once saw a man made out of nettles get into a fight with some fire ants, twelve wasps a scorpion and a bucket of malt vinegar- man that was one stingy incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Used to work for the tightest **** in the country.

His reputation preceeded him.
    The favourite lunch time story, was of the time one of the lads glued a 50p coin to the floor.
    Upon seeing it, the fat **** naturally bent down to pick it up.
    When he realised it was stuck there, he didn't give up.
    Oh no, he got one of the fitters to lift it with a hammer and screwdriver.
    Then the fat **** pocketed it.

The **** was a multi-millionare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

clinchy wrote: »

Whats the problem with that:confused: i always do that as well as taking the toilet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Whats the problem with that:confused: i always do that as well as taking the toilet roll.

Hence the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ruthy1234

Ha ha some of these stories are gas!! A good friend of mine was only telling me last night that she was at a wedding a month ago and about a week ago the bride rang her up and said...(in relation to sending out thank you cards)..."What do you do about people who haven't given you a present yet??? Do you still send them a thank you card?" Well, the embarrassing thing was that my friend hadn't got around to giving her the gift yet!!! It was a bit of a hint hint moment...cringe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I was in a pub in Skerries, when a couple and their two children came in,the father goes up to the bar and orders a drink for himself, the wife and the two kids,the barman apologetically tells him that he cant serve alcohol unless he has some food with his drinks, as he has the kids with him

Quick as a flash your man says "Fair enough give us four packets of peanuts then please"!

He got his beers and his nuts:D

pebbles21 wrote: »
    I was in a pub in Skerries, when a couple and their two children came in,the father goes up to the bar and orders a drink for himself, the wife and the two kids,the barman apologetically tells him that he cant serve alcohol unless he has some food with his drinks, as he has the kids with him

Quick as a flash your man says "Fair enough give us four packets of peanuts then please"!

Maybe they wern't hungry! After all they didn't go in for a meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

thats not scabby. if anything it makes the barman look like a gobshyte!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ruthy1234 wrote: »
    Ha ha some of these stories are gas!! A good friend of mine was only telling me last night that she was at a wedding a month ago and about a week ago the bride rang her up and said...(in relation to sending out thank you cards)..."What do you do about people who haven't given you a present yet??? Do you still send them a thank you card?" Well, the embarrassing thing was that my friend hadn't got around to giving her the gift yet!!! It was a bit of a hint hint moment...cringe :o

I can't figure out which person was being more of a scab. The bride or your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

thats not scabby. if anything it makes the barman look like a gobshyte!

Yeah true,maybe i should have put that one in the cries of retail thread:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Used to work for the tightest **** in the country.

His reputation preceeded him.
    The favourite lunch time story, was of the time one of the lads glued a 50p coin to the floor.
    Upon seeing it, the fat **** naturally bent down to pick it up.
    When he realised it was stuck there, he didn't give up.
    Oh no, he got one of the fitters to lift it with a hammer and screwdriver.
    Then the fat **** pocketed it.

The **** was a multi-millionare.

They don't become rich giving it away, they'd sell you the steam off their piss.

Knew someone (very well off) who would send items out to Africa in shipping units, the stuff that person thought was worthy, was cringeworthy, broken toys, school desks, two legged chairs.. but in such a state, rusted from years of neglect. Someone (brave or foolish) pointed out that there wasn't much use in sending a Betamax video player, he said it was all good because, ' they're crafty beggars, they'll rustle up something with the cogs and bits of wire..'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,584 ✭✭✭✭L1011

briantwin wrote: »
    i just thought of the ultra-stinge from where im from. He used to own a pretty busy shop but it sold all sorts, kind of like an 80's pound shop that sold groceries and cheap ceramic garden ornaments and other tacky crap. Anyway he was famous for selling out of date stock who's sell by date had been mysteriously covered or worn off the packaging.

Anyway 10 - 15 years later we're in a well known town in the midlands and we happen upon a shop. And its this fvcker in there, and he still has all the same stock with 2 small bikes i remember him trying to sell when he lived in Maynooth. Hahaha jesus.

Oh jesus, I know exactly who you're talking about... he always had that shop in the midlands as well as the Maynooth and Celbridge ones, the price tags had "[surname]s Superstores, Celbridge, Maynooth and Croghan" on them when I was a kid. Passed it a while back and had to in out of sheer bloody interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Seen a man drop 50 euro in the supermarker and not even noticing it the woman walkin behind him grabs it and doesn't even give it back even tho shes like 3 feet away :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Timistry

I know this guy that scraped together some money in the 70's from his pub and bought a run down old house in england. Did it up on the cheap and sold it for the a huge profit. Kudos at this point. Came home a wealthy man and bought a field close to my house for 50k. In 2005, height of the property bomb, he built 100+ houses there himself (****e quality). made millions. One day he was going about 14 miles away to another field he bought for half nathing a few years back in his ****ty ford transit:rolleyes:. nearly there he remembered he forgot his wellies. So he does into the shop, buys them, uses them, goes back into the shop on the way home and gives them back cos they are leaking!!!!!:eek: cheap bastard. Sort of crafty i know but still like.... and he has a farm as well with sheep and cattle. sur he cud do with a second pair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

M&S* wrote: »
    Seen a man drop 50 euro in the supermarker and not even noticing it the woman walkin behind him grabs it and doesn't even give it back even tho shes like 3 feet away :eek:

That's low, on the other hand, I've returned a phone where the owner more or less laughed at me for doing it, [shrug].

Oh and I nearly got barred from a Tesco for picking up a one euro coin from the grocery area of a self service till.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Hogzy wrote: »
    Im a cheapskate, In Mahon Point cinema in cork i never pay the disgracfully high prices for popcorn and a drink €9 so i go to Tesco (in the same building) and buy a big bad of Manhattan popcorn and a bottle of coke for €3

But before ye go critiscising im a student so im allowed to do things like thta:D

I know a fellow that brings his microwave popcorn and st bernard coke from home and pops the popcorn in the microwaves for heating babyfood in the foodcourt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

In my job, i see people who refuse to pay 22 cent for a plastic bag, every day. Oh yeah, they'll buy 35 Euro worth of booze but wont fork out a pittance for a bag. Tight cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Interesting fact about stingy people -

"They will always comment about you been tight if they spot ya doing anything stingy!" It's almost like their thinking about bein tight all the time!

This is so true as a mate of mine is so bad he goes round with no cash on him. Then out of the blue he'll be like "oh I've to go to the bank machine" (and us in the restaurant / cinema / anywhere already.) He actually owes people dinners after pulling this stunt - He always labels me tight at the first available opportunity! bet this happens you two!

SO true!!

i bought a guitar with an amp off my mate.. i asked him how much when he was sellin it to me... and we agreed on a price. the next day i get a text saying ' i'll throw in a strap for an extra tenner? '

im thinkin' wtf? your gonna charge me for the strap on your second hand guitar? - a plain, black bog standard one btw...

but i just said grand..

this is the same guy that offers to buy you a drink at the pub, comes back and asks you for a fiver! why would you bother askin in the first place!?

and he's always the one to call you a scab when you decide not to go on the piss cause your saving for something or goin' out the next night!

it seems that scabs are blind to their own scabbiness! :rolleyes:

alas, some stories never get old.

scrooge_color.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,584 ✭✭✭✭L1011

javaboy wrote: »
    I was at a restaurant in Spain where the car park attendant puts a glass bottle behind the wheel of cars who didn't tip him on the way in. If they tip him on the way out, he discreetly kicks the bottle away. Slimy tactics.

I've spent long enough going clubbing in Derry/Antrim, right back to before the last agreement and calming down, to check under my car before driving off... I'll have to remember to do it on the contintent too now!

What sort of pub is that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 g1rl

Some of these stories are actually ridiculous.

I've a mate who constantly "forgets" taxi money, but always has enough for after-pub food.
    Does my head in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement