Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

This one's disgusting...

A guy I know was in Supermacs somewhere in the country a few years ago. He went looking for the bathroom, but there were no signs on any of the doors, so he accidentally ended up walking into the kitchen.
    He saw one of the staff picking chips out of the bin and putting them back into the deep fat fryer.
    :eek:

... No wonder I got food poisoning when I went there! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Mousey- wrote: »
    i knew a friend for lunch who would go up the town to get a roll in supervalu
    and then down to the other end to dunnes to get a bottle of coke

rolls in supervalu were cheaper but the bottle of coke was 1.20 in supervalu. and only 1.00 in dunnes

But rolls in supervalu are super-expensive! I walk across town sometimes so I don't have to buy a roll in Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

2.99 for a roll with chicken, lettuce, egg and tomato in my local super value ! I'd hardly call that expensive !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Some bastard stole two of my pints on Wednesday. Geebag!

I only met him that day aswell. What's worse is he blamed the person who bought them for me. IDIOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This one's disgusting...

A guy I know was in Supermacs somewhere in the country a few years ago. He went looking for the bathroom, but there were no signs on any of the doors, so he accidentally ended up walking into the kitchen.
    He saw one of the staff picking chips out of the bin and putting them back into the deep fat fryer.
    :eek:

... No wonder I got food poisoning when I went there! :o

Tell the truth. It was Galway and your friend seen Frada working there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

afatbollix wrote: »
    years and years ago when i was a young one.... we went trick or treating at holloween...

went into a house... knocked on the door and the 6 of us said trick or treat.. he gave us 10p
    it was about 1995 so 10p wasent worth a 10er...

i went to my mother who was at the gate to the house she looked at it and laughed.. then threw it back into the drive way....

while we were walking away he was looking for it!!!!! on our way back he was still looking for it!!!!

prick..

trick or treaters are normally stingy ****ers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Pyr0 wrote: »
    2.99 for a roll with chicken, lettuce, egg and tomato in my local super value ! I'd hardly call that expensive !

They're €4.20 here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Racist much?
    It's not but what would it matter if it was?

People seem to think that if they say "That's racist' that people will automatically take back what they just said. It's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Its not racist, its anti-semitic. There is a difference, people pull out the racist card all too easily.

The jury is out on Judaism as it happens, so it's perfectly legitimate to call it racism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks.
    Ok, Il just say it was because they were Israelis.

Seriously, what do you say to a story about 20 tight fisted Jewish people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Some bastard stole two of my pints on Wednesday. Geebag!

I only met him that day aswell. What's worse is he blamed the person who bought them for me. IDIOT!

Fun trick to play if you drink Guinness. When you're finished your pint, keep the glass and fill it with water - looks exactly like a pint of lager.

Leave if where you know someone will take it and watch when the thief takes a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

TomCo wrote: »
    Fun trick to play if you drink Guinness. When you're finished your pint, keep the glass and fill it with water - looks exactly like a pint of lager.

Leave if where you know someone will take it and watch when the thief takes a drink.

Must have been one tight fcuker who thought of that in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Boss whos loaded , parks his brand new BMW in Centra carpark , walks across to barbers and asks for old age discount , i kid you not , tight git !!!!!!!!!!

They say , you cant take it with you ............. this fella will !!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Just finished took me 24hrs on and off to read the whole thing, a few stories of my own.

A group of friends went over to visit a friend of hours on erasmus in germany. Everything was going grand we were at a house party and some spanish chap starts coming around asking everyone for 10cent for a bag of ice. I was shocked just gave the chap 2euro.

Another time in temple bar for a birthday. My friend brought along his friend i'll call him john, that the group would know but not that well. So we are in rounds of pints so on the seventh and last drink of the round its john's turn. So after a few awarkward minutes of us all with empty glasses john pips up that he doesnt do rounds because you never get them back.

He got some slagging and after we pointed out that he'd already got 6 free pints he dragged himself up to the bar. It looked like it killed him handing over the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

prinz wrote: »
    Israeli =/= Jew.
    lol yeah right. That's why Israel is called the Jewish State, and that hardly of the non-Palestinians there are non-Jewish. What the hell was your point again?
    Ok, Il just say it was because they were Israelis.

Seriously, what do you say to a story about 20 tight fisted Jewish people?
    You know what's funny about people jumping to the defence of Jews whenever Jewish stereotypes are brought up? It's that Jews spend their whole time joking about themselves and their stereotypes. I should know, I have Jewish family, and I've got TV too. There's no more ardent defender of Jews than a goy.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

I lived in three of his houses over two years, 98/99 and 99/00. While i didn't exactly enjoy having him as a landlord and his tightness is legendary, I have to say at the back of it all I think he's decent enough. But there was no way I could go back to living with him and his family for a third year.
    MikeC101 wrote: »
    So rumour had it :D

Apparently his wife had owned the land the housing estate was built on, and he'd built the estate.

I'd reckon his neighbours hated him for bringing down the tone of the neighbourhood with all us scruffy students.

Still, in fairness to the man, he got a medal for fighting off a mugger who was trying to steal an old ladies handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

neighbour told me this morning he got rid of his gone off fruit to the little kiddies trick or treating last night..............

oh,yeah that was while i watched him clean the egg off his house:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 randomcorkgirl

Success, 24 hours reading the best thread evee and im Done.
    some hysterical stories
    my brother is bad enough! if he owes ya money your never likely to see it must nab him on dole day. he owed,me a tenmer last month only got it off him this week cos when i saw him he didnt have any change even though at the time he was paying for something on penny's lol he is,constantly making up stories,like he was robbed or he lost his,money when he jumped in rhe river to save some girl but his phone and runners were perfect!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Miracleman

A guy I was friends with in first year of college used to ask if they had a student discount when he was getting some clothes in a charity shop, thought it was unreal myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Any chance of a bump tonight? Doesnt seem to be any funny threads in AH this evening

Stingy stories anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

A guy who used to visit an elderly neighbour and tell her that her light bulbs were about to burn out and he would take them out for her

He would then install them in his own house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Hahahahahaha

^that's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

A friend of mine reuses tea bags. How much does a box of tea bags cost? About €3 or so? It does my head in, because it gives a much weaker cup of tea. At a guess I'd say he uses each about three to five times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

My grandmother goes to a meeting with friends every month, and they take it in turns to bring food for it. One of them, who is notoriously stingy, brought a packet of custard creams and a half-eaten packet of Mikado :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Couple weeks back I was just out of the gym, fancied something to eat and a drink so I drove off up to the garage. Got in, got my things and put them on the counter, person on the till rings them up and I see that the total is €5.20. I handed him a fiver in my knackered state, and he says to me '20c?'. I nodded my head and said no, and casually walked out with my things in hand :o

Day after I told him why I made the mistake, thank god he understood cos I use that garage everyday and the staff know me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Fitted a full, brand new exaust system to a car for a lad i work with. took two hours of my evening and all i got was a "Thanks Simon". **** didnt even buy me a pint at the last crimbo party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I picked up the tip of halving fire logs from boardsie :D (this thread indeed) brilliant tip, use it all the time, saves a fortune, thanks http://www.b0ards.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

A "friend" of mine got married this year. She bought her bridsmaid dress in Debenhams on sale for €23 and has it up for sale on a website for €90....the bridesmaid is disgusted that she didn't get to keep HER dress. Very stingy!!! Its not like she paid a fortune for it....her wedding cost less than €2k btw....and she's not short of a bob!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Soylent_Green

A relative on the inlaws side got us a much heralded Xmas present one year, a subscription to National Geographic. When it arrived there was a card included offering a year subscription for a friend to NG for 1c (U.S. based).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement