Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is that you barry? you were not exactly the best neighbour yourself what with your lust for loud music at all hours of the morning:mad:.

Nope, I'm not Barry. And I use earphones to listen to music. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Just watching Nigella Lawson, and at the end she's in a café is having a cup of coffee. She then pulls out a homemade brownie that she brought with her and lays into it. A bit scabby, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

A guy who used to live in an appartment beside me would stop the electricty meter from turning. He would only allow it to run for a few days each quarter. He would then brag by showing me his €20 electricity bill.

After the guy went all psycho on me, I reported him to the ESB, but they took no action. I guess they don't mind if you steal electricity from them.

The same guy also never opened the front door when somebody knocked (shared hallway), even though his appartment was closest to the door. When I asked him why, he said it as so he would never get caught by the TV License Inspector.

Thats good thinking about the electricity. I wouldn't mind getting a €20 ESB bill. You, on the other hand, are a snitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Thats good thinking about the electricity. I wouldn't mind getting a €20 ESB bill. You, on the other hand, are a snitch.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

A_SN wrote: »
    lol yeah right. That's why Israel is called the Jewish State

Most Jews dont live in Israel

• Advertisement

The guy cut all the cables on my motorbike, and attacked me from behind with a kick to my back that knocked me down a flight of stairs.

Trust me, he had it coming.

And besides, I don't like thieves and stopping the meter is theft...his responsibility, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Happened about last month, the night of the Call of duty midnight release, I got a knock on my door some fifteen year old that i've seen a few times around bit of a "scruff" with a sponsor card for "charity", so i sponsored him two euro on the sponsor card he gave me and the wasted pen :o and away he went, I went down to Xtravision a few hours later and whilst I was in the que I spotted him just one or two people away from me. I heard him chatting to his mate he said "It only took me about an hour to fill that sponsor card, easiest money ever made" and the other fella beside him says " Yeah it didn't take me too long either, Jake said he only has a few houses left to do before he gets his game". Seen him walking out with a huge grin on his face, Little Bastard.

we used to do that as kids..that and christmas carroling...to be honest we would come back with like 80 euro between us for around 3 hours of carroling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

x2 You should get a nice dose of Karma for all your ratting.

As for the TV licence the guys not stingey he's just smart :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

dickhead tight arse neighbour hung his tea bags on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

dickhead tight arse neighbour hung his tea bags on the line

Ah get out of it.

I'll hazard a guess you live in Cavan / your neighbours from Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

An ex-gf of mine worked in a very successful Pub/Restaurant in Waterford about 10 years ago. She told me that the three managers would put all the tips into the safe at the end of every night, and leave them there until about a week b4 xmas.

They'd count the tip money (several thousand Euro) and divide it between themselves, then use it to buy seriously extravagant xmas presents for their friends and family. The staff never saw a dime.

I don't know what was worse: the scabbiness of stealing staff tips in the first place, or using someone else's money to look exceptionally generous to their family/mates. Some people truly have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dickhead tight arse neighbour
    Ah get out of it.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Ah get out of it.

I'll hazard a guess you live in Cavan / your neighbours from Cavan

What did the Cavan poedo say to the child??

Have youse any sweets!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Guy I used to work with would pocket as much salt, pepper, sugar etc as he could any time we would go for something to eat. He would also put loads of those small servings of butter in between his pieces of toast so that he didn't have to pay for them.

And then he would ask everyone to get receipts and give them to him so that he could claim the tax back on all the food...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I know a girl who brings her phone charger with her when calling over for a visit, phone always seems to need a charge when she's over...

Also borrowed a dress to wear to the party the day after her wedding
    the list is endless but they stick out in my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

A lad that was in out class when we were in school is known to be a scab and his family is more well off than most.

In town the other night, meet said lad on street and he invites himself along to the pub with us. We all get a pint and he finishes his first and says "Lads, could you each throw a bit of your beer in my glass. Don't want to go back to the bar"

We didn't know what to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

DéiseGirl wrote: »
    Just randomly reading through this thread and had to laugh at the description of the landlord. Rented off him in 03 when doing my Masters, possibly the same house. It was my first time living in Dublin though so I was anxious to get somewhere to live and just took this place. Should have listened to the alarm bells ringing when he said there'd be ten in the house. Boyfriend and myself had the whole top floor to ourselves but there was fook all in it apart from a bed and a table and chair. there were three fellas in the room on the ground floor and he told them he'd knock a few quid off if they got a fourth person in, it was like a dormitory as it was!! :D When May came around he was encouraging us to stay on for the summer but we'd found a lovely apartment to share in Milltown at that stage. It was like heaven after the 8 months in J Mc D Land.

Some of ye were lucky he wore the vest to your first meeting. I seem to recall he was topless when we first met him. Again with the alarm bells...:(

Jaysus, I knew there'd be loads of us out there, I lived there the last two years, finally moving out at Christmas. Hilarious how pretty much everyone who ever met him for the first time saw him either topless or in that dirty vest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 TamNaz

my ex was one of those tip-stealing types, I always had to wait and leave the table last or else he would skim it off the table.

His best friend growing up told me a story about him when they were younger...the friend was legally blind. He would have to spit all over his food as soon as it came to the table so my ex wouldn't steal it off his plate when they were eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

A friend of mine is so tight, he puts in the clutch on his car on every hill he comes to to save petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

My brother was ordering Dominos Pizza so I told him to order me a box of cookies along with it (with me paying for them obiv). He then asked me to share them with him cos he didn't want to order a full box himself. Then he asked me for the 2.25 or whichever for the two cookies I was buying!! He has a full time job, brand new car and earns a tonne. I was an unemployed second level student!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

My brother turns off his fridge at night. When I asked why he replied that he never uses the fridge at night! A guy in work always dodges buying rounds he goes for a smoke when it gets near to his turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

The guy cut all the cables on my motorbike, and attacked me from behind with a kick to my back that knocked me down a flight of stairs.

Trust me, he had it coming.

And besides, I don't like thieves and stopping the meter is theft...his responsibility, not mine.
    ..... Still..... At least hes not a snitch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

I knew an ould lad that lived in the country who had no car. He posted a letter to himself every day so he could get a lift into town with the postman.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Neonjack wrote: »
    I knew an ould lad that lived in the country who had no car. He posted a letter to himself every day so he could get a lift into town with the postman.:)
    That's just hilarious... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

sparkydee wrote: »
    My brother turns off his fridge at night. When I asked why he replied that he never uses the fridge at night! A guy in work always dodges buying rounds he goes for a smoke when it gets near to his turn.

Simple, wait until he gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭philiy

Blaalarry wrote: »
    A friend of mine is so tight, he puts in the clutch on his car on every hill he comes to to save petrol.

He is actually using more petrol doing this. He would use less if he left it in gear. Don't tell him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm just using this thread to pick up some money saving tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

An ex-gf of mine worked in a very successful Pub/Restaurant in Waterford about 10 years ago. She told me that the three managers would put all the tips into the safe at the end of every night, and leave them there until about a week b4 xmas.

They'd count the tip money (several thousand Euro) and divide it between themselves, then use it to buy seriously extravagant xmas presents for their friends and family. The staff never saw a dime.

I don't know what was worse: the scabbiness of stealing staff tips in the first place, or using someone else's money to look exceptionally generous to their family/mates. Some people truly have no shame.

why didn't the staff make a complaint to the owner's?
    manager's have no right to do something like that. they're there to make sure the restaurant is run to the owner's expectations while the owners are not on the premesis.
    if i worked there, i would have waited for the busiest day, and all the staff arrive in at the same time, and just sit in all the seats and not move until they got every penny back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

An uncle of my friends was building a stone wall around his garage. Instead of paying for the stone he spent a total of 3 years collecting stone from from other peoples sites etc on weekends. He would pick up a few pieces a week and put them in the back of his car.

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    ..... Still..... At least hes not a snitch!!!

At least I'm not a troll :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement