Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

I was in the jacks in the University of Limerick yesterday and some fella came in and robbed all the little bars of soap

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I was in the jacks in the University of Limerick yesterday and some fella came in and robbed all the little bars of soap

Clean and Mean;)

Clean and Mean;)

it was lucky i had only gone for a wee!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Why, do you wipe your arse with your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

My dad used to go out drinking with a group of five lads, one bloke's dad was a big businessman in the town so he was loaded but he was as tight as a mouse's hole.

Anyway rounds were being bought and this lad's turn came but he showed no signs of getting up so they skipped him and said nothing. Later that night it came back round to his turn but he was drinking slowly, so at this stage he was finishing off a pint of guinness and had another pint in front of him poured 20 mins beforehand, the other four lads having already finished that round by now. Again he showed no signs of getting up so someone made it pretty clear to him that it was his turn.

So up he went to the bar, he buys four pints and brings them back to the table, gives himself a fresh pint of guinness and gives the old pint that he hadn't started to the lad sitting next to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Someone taking a battery out of a clock, so the battery wouldn't waste.

The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I know a fella that when he sold his house, he took the door handles off the doors. I asked him about it, he said that they were bought seperate from the doors. I could understand someone taking the lampshades, but he took the whole lot. There wasnt a bulb, lampshade or door handle in the house.
    This same fella will peel a stamp from an envelope if it hasnt been marked by the post office, use a bit of pritt stick and use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I was a talking to Garda last week who is a client.

He was off to investigate drivers at a local petrol station that drive off without paying. Apparently it is rampent at the moment. He said that most modern petrol stations have very sophisticated number plate detection systems and they will be caught.

What some people when they have filled up is go into the place and buy something small and not pay for their fuel.. Then leg it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 berri_satine

We've had some pretty stingy experience with students who stayed in our house.

One time we had an Italian girl staying with us. She was really particular about her things, she even had her name embroidered on her underwear! Anyway, one day she came down to my mum and said she was missing a pair of white pop socks, you know the ones for about a euro in penneys. My mum looked everywhere for the socks, and eventually found my sister wearing them running around out the back garden. My mum went out and bought her new socks. Like one pair of socks!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    This same girl was caught numerous times using our phone to ring long distance which she wasnt supposed to do, among other things. Cheeky!

Another time we had a couple living in our granny flat. They worked in McDonalds and would bring back the McD napkins and use them as toilet paper, which clogged up our toilets. :eek:
    They then came to us and said they couldnt pay the rent and were leaving that day to go back to spain, while carrying bags of souveniers and presents. Fcukers!

Another German lad stayed with us, and he was a right lazy slob all he did was stay in and watch tv. ONe day my dad nicely offered to bring him to glendalough and to wicklow gaol to get him out of the house. When they arrived at the gaol, the student refused to pay the 5euro entry fee after my dad driving him all the way down. Dad just said fcuk this and drove straight back home. Why come to Ireland to watch tv you stingy c*nt?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 berri_satine

i've seen something just a bit worse, i was walking home from the train station one night, i walked by a woman emptying a bag of rubbish through the railings of a school :eek:

I know someone like this! She's middle aged, never worked a day in her life, had a very rich husband, lives in an extremely posh area, drives a jaguar, yet is too scabby to pay bin charges.... Unreal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I got asked out on a date so we head out and when drinks are ordered he looks at me to pay :eek: and i paid for it as girl was getting annoyed so then he ordered himself a drink didn't even offer me water that i drink only:eek: and i could see his wallet master cards gold cards and about 5 grand in cash :eek::eek: So then to the club and he stood there not putting hand in pocket like i was going to pay :eek: I :eek: and the bouncer who knows me :eek: i got in free because i know them and he had to pay and made faces because i didnt pay him! I went into the club and friends of mine where there he didn't buy me a drink of water whole night and the people i know where :eek: The i went to taxi rank to go home and he stood there :eek: like i was going to bring him home:eek: i said good bye jumped in taxi and then he had nerve to ring me :eek: and ask me out again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

caseyann wrote: »
    I got asked out on a date so we head out and when drinks are ordered he looks at me to pay :eek: and i paid for it as girl was getting annoyed so then he ordered himself a drink didn't even offer me water that i drink only:eek: and i could see his wallet master cards gold cards and about 5 grand in cash :eek::eek: So then to the club and he stood there not putting hand in pocket like i was going to pay :eek: I :eek: and the bouncer who knows me :eek: i got in free because i know them and he had to pay and made faces because i didnt pay him! I went into the club and friends of mine where there he didn't buy me a drink of water whole night and the people i know where :eek: The i went to taxi rank to go home and he stood there :eek: like i was going to bring him home:eek: i said good bye jumped in taxi and then he had nerve to ring me :eek: and ask me out again :eek:
    :eek:

:eek:

I know water :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The :eek: smilie has been used 30 times in a row over 5 posts. That must be a new record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

this has been a great thread, ive been on it all day cos i found one post funnier than the other, i am finally at the end, look forward to havin a look again in the morn, i havnt laughed so much in ages, thank you all and good night

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

i've seen something just a bit worse, i was walking home from the train station one night, i walked by a woman emptying a bag of rubbish through the railings of a school :eek:
    Well, she can re-use the bag. :)

:(

galwayrush wrote: »
    Once in a restaurant, 4 people at a table near us, three of them leave a tip at the table on leaving, last person at the table pockets tip without the rest noticing.

I saw that in movie :D
    How about the one when you actually see the person take the tips plural other people left on other tables as they walk out and they are in 1000 euro suit and get in a jaguar :D Seen that once lol

Guess we know how rich stay rich lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

caseyann wrote: »

Anyone else read that in their head with a vickie pollard voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Charco wrote: »
    The :eek: smilie has been used 30 times in a row over 5 posts. That must be a new record.

i'm too stingy to use the smilie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Anyone else read that in their head with a vickie pollard voice?

What you're referring to was posted in good faith and in the spirit of the thread - be nice, in fairness People hate condescending smilie Pedants more than they hate well-intentioned Newbies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Mate of mine from Louth was bringing a gang of us up the M1 to Dundalk. He took the Drogheda exit on the motorway and drove through the town in peak traffic for over half an hour, just to save paying the €1.90 toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I got paid 25 cent less the last two weeks...
    That 25 cent turns into 13 euro over 52 weeks.
    I really feel like questioning it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Il Trap wrote: »
    Mate of mine from Louth was bringing a gang of us up the M1 to Dundalk. He took the Drogheda exit on the motorway and drove through the town in peak traffic for over half an hour, just to save paying the €1.90 toll!

I dont like that attitude to toll-dodgers. You get screwed either way - waste money on a road already paid for in tax, or get called a stinge.

However, in the case of rush hour traffic where you will waste time, and arguably more money in petrol i will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I'm so stingy I read this in work so I wouldn't use up my own electricity and internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I had a boyfriend who was so tight, my dad said he squeaked when he walked. He, on more than one occassion, walked 16 miles rather than pay for the bus fare home.

I was in a shop with him one day and he got into a row about the price of a drink with the poor ba$tard behind the counter, really, really abusing the poor f*cker. After apologising to the shop assistant, I had to leave I was so mortified only to discover later that yer man stole a second bottle of drink to "get his value for money."

Cheap git.

Relationship did not last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

jimoc wrote: »
    I'm so stingy I read this in work so I wouldn't use up my own electricity and internet connection.

Im so stingy im just reading this over someones shoulder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

Cork people!!!!! was working with a cork man one day, we all went to get a fry for the breakfast, the place was busy..sat down at a table that wasn't cleaned off yet, there was a half eating fry on the table, the waitress came over to clean and take an order, the guy grabs the half eaten plate and tells her he'll just have tea, we all nearly puked. same dude, was working in a computer factory on sunday, they put on free cans of coke and packed sandwiches, i caught him loading up his bag at home time with the whole fridge, even though people were still working on after us, told him to put them back, he was nearly crying...mean fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Cousins from the desert chew batteries to make them last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

scully74 wrote: »
    Cork guy!!!!! was working with a cork man one day, we all went to get a fry for the breakfast, the place was busy..sat down at a table that wasn't cleaned off yet, there was a half eating fry on the table, the waitress came over to clean and take an order, the guy grabs the half eaten plate and tells her he'll just have tea, we all nearly puked. same dude, was working in a computer factory on sunday, they put on free cans of coke and packed sandwiches, i caught him loading up his bag at home time with the whole fridge, even though people were still working on after us, told him to put them back, he was nearly crying...mean fcuker

Fixed your post FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúcked up your post FFS.

FYP.:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement