Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo of my boy's name

• 05-01-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi I've never got a tattoo done, always wanted one but only when it meant something eternally important to me...and now I'm a daddy, so there's a no-brainer!

Here's the catch---not sure what I want done. Thinking of a design where a line curves up from my heart to my shoulder, widens as it does so, splitting into some shape encircling my boy's name...but then I'm fairly tall and skinny so it might not look cool, just odd!

Thinking of getting something simple like his name on the inside of my forearm, near the elbow...meh...

Ambigram...?

I crave ideas, suggestions, pictures, anything...?

I've scoured the net but found little inspiration, probably not looking in the right places...

Thanks for any help, guys and gals...!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Whatever design you go for, if you're getting the lads name in a foreign language/script make sure you do the research and don't end up with "chicken curry forever" tattooed on you.
    I have my daughters name in Ogham on my leg and made damn sure it said "Sarah" before I got it done.
    Too many people have made that mistake and are stuck with it now.
    A friend of mine got a tattoo on his forearm in some sort of Indian/hindu thing while drunk and to this day he doesn't know what it says. Now he's afraid to ask anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Instead of rushing out and getting your son's name tattooed on you, which in my opinion is a bit common and shows very little imagination(my opinion only), why not wait a while and see if your son inspires you to get something done about him or that symbolizes him. I have 3 kids and tattoos about 2 of them, just dont know what to get about the third one yet but I want it to be something that means alot to me. My first one is something I used to always think whenever I looked at my son, my second is the name of a song that was on the radio on the way to the hospital when my daughter was born, this song has always reminded me of that night. For my third child, when the right thing comes along, I'll get it tattooed on me, but till then I'm happy to just to be his father.
    Everyone knows you love your kids, you dont need their name tattooed across your chest to prove it, give it a bit of time and your kid will inspire you to greatness.
    Another point I will add is this, you want something from your heart to your shoulder, fine. What about your next kid, their name has to go somewhere aswell, with similar size and prominent location, say the other side of your chest. Then your third kid is born, he has to have his name tattooed somewhere aswell, similar size and a good location, but you are running out of good locations.
    The amount of explaining I have had to do with my daughter as to why her tattoo is on my back and my sons tattoo is on the front, she's not happy. Choose wisely, kids brains work in mysterious ways, what sounds good to you just dosent work for them sometimes.

Advertisement