Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing Insurance Policies

Options
  • 05-01-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hey

Has anyone ever changed insurance policies before it expired? I've just discovered Quinn are ripping me off and I'm just wondering whats involved in changing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Find new company. Arrange to setup new policy. arrange to cancel QDI.

QDI will charge you canx fees etc though, so just make sure the switch actually does make financial sense mid policy.

Also if you've had a claim this year you'll get no refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yes, you can cancel your current policy by giving them the required notice.
    But you will lose any no claims bonus for this year, as it has to be a full year before it counts. Also, if you paid up front, they may only refund you a tiny amount of money, and you will not get any money back until you return the cert and disc.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

My policy is up in April, might be easier to wait until then.. thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

If your paying by direct debit with Quinn, you will get NO refund at all. You will also loose this years NCB earned.

Advertisement