Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help NVU problems

Options
  • 05-01-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, hope I don't frustrate anyone but a complete dip shet when it comes to technology with PC's or Laptops....perhaps its my old age:o

Anyhow, since I have tried to update our web page with this laptop, it just won't publish. My bro did the site but he's only used to Apple and thinks it may be the fact that I'm running Vista. Anyone any ideas please......and how to explain in VERY basic terms to a complete moron?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Bump! 33 views and no replies.....?? Anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Bump! 33 views and no replies.....?? Anyone???

I don't have a clue about cars, but if I rang up a mechanic and told him I was having a problem with it, do you think he would be able to help me with such little information? Even when my brother, who drives a Nissan, thinks it is because I am driving a Toyota?

I don't have a clue about cars, but if I rang up a mechanic and told him I was having a problem with it, do you think he would be able to help me with such little information? Even when my brother, who drives a Nissan, thinks it is because I am driving a Toyota?

Cheers thanks for that VERY helpful and useful advice:rolleyes: Do you not think it would be more appropriate to ask for further information rather than be a smart ass??? I did mention that I knew very little about the subject in the VERY FIRST LINE but maybe you don't read very well either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Laptops. If you want help you'll have to provide some more information. What steps you've used, what steps your brother used, any error messages you've encountered. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for that VERY helpful and useful advice:rolleyes: Do you not think it would be more appropriate to ask for further information rather than be a smart ass??? I did mention that I knew very little about the subject in the VERY FIRST LINE but maybe you don't read very well either.
    You come across as extremely rude for someone who is looking for help. It is very difficult tosee what the problem could be from your first post. There should be no reason for the site not publishing because you are using Vista. What program have you used to edit your site? When you say it won't publish are you getting ay error messages or is it just your pages online do not reflect any changes you have made?

• Advertisement

You come across as extremely rude for someone who is looking for help.

Fair enough, but did you not think Mr Dunne was equally as rude?? I've used NVU to update, no error problems but the changes are not reflected in the site. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Not familiar with NVU but from looking it up quickly it just seems to be a WYSIWYG web editor. Have you downloaded the pages from your webserver that you are making the changes on. If not make sure the new pages you are uploading are being put in the correct directory.
    If you are not getting any error messages I presume you are correctly connecting to your webspace with your username and password but check this to be sure.
    The laptop you are using shouldn't be affecting this either but try viewing your webpage using a different browser or try clearing your browsers cache before viewing it again as maybe the page is saved in the browsers cache so even though you have updated it you are still getting the outdated page.

Cheers thanks, I'll try that. I know the directory is correct and connecting properly.

Advertisement