Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! Thailand/Malaysia travel route

• 05-01-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hey

I'm planning on going to Thailand/Malaysia for 4 weeks in the summer. Could someone recommed a route which i should take? We are gonna fly into Bangkok and home from Kuala Lumpur.

We are 4 lads so want to see a bit of everything. The scenic beaches but also the wild bars in the resorts etc. So can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Also what is the best form of transport to travel on?

How much would i need to have a really really good time ie. activities during the day and food and drink at night

Cheers
    John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well i could imagine when you first get there you will wanna chill out for a while first. So possibly head straight to the islands in the south. If you manage to time it right you could catch a full moon party on Ko Phangan. There are some other cool islands down around there such as Ko Phi Phi, Ko Samui, Ko Tao. After the islands you can go north towards Chiang Mai. From there you can do the golden triangle, hilltribes, temples, jungles, caving, rafting, etc.

If you wanna head south towards Malaysia check out this site.

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

At the bottom is how to get to Kuala Lumpur. I'll be doing it in the opposite direction later this year. Seems handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

have you checked out the prices for the different options ? could save to fly into one and fly out of the other (or to fly out of the same one)

i have talked to a few people who flew into Kuala Lumpur, spent a few days there, did the travelling and came back there (though they might have had to go back for flights).

Advertisement