Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

After being unemployed I finally found a new job. A couple of weeks before I started the job I phoned the SW office to let them know I'd found a job, the start date, and to ask what I needed to do. The guy on the phone took my PPS and other details, noted the start date and said that would be all I'd have to do. Payments stopped, thought everything was fine.

However I went on to the Revenue site to log Med1 and get a P21 for 2008 on Saturday, and got a message saying my DSFA income hadn't been updated and to phone a certain number. Spent my entire lunch time today phoning them, they said to phone the DFSA number, the DSFA said to phone the local branch... At that stage I'd run out of lunch break, so will have to phone the local branch tomorrow.

Logged on again tonight on the offchance that something might have happened during the day, to get a new message:
    Due to the number of employments you have on file you are not allowed to Add or Amend any tax credits or incomes online.

Does this mean that the DSFA have stopped paying me, but haven't signed me off? The new company is pretty quick, so I'm sure they've probably registered me already, but I missed the December payroll so haven't actually been paid yet. Anyone else been in this situation before? Did it take long to get sorted? I'm loving my new job, but could do without the hassle of spending my lunch breaks on the phone :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

You might get a more definite reply on this site.
    askaboutmoney.com

Advertisement