Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem exporting from illustrator to flash

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I am creating a simple 3d animation to illustrate some biomedical science.

I created a simple diagram of a cell consisting of 2 ellipses, one on top of the other, as I wish to create a grain effect. The top ellipse is purple with reduced opacity over a duplicated object which has a grain effect applied which gives the desired effect. I then group the objects together. However, when I open the swf file in flash it appears as separate objects and the grain layer of the object is a much bigger size. Is this because grain is a pixel based photoshop effect? Can I avoid this and export the object as a single object for use in flash?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Yes, the grain effect is a pixel based effect, so you'll need to export the thing as a PNG or similar and bring it inot Flash, or else find a way to achieve a similar effect natively in Flash.

Advertisement