Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kirwan Street Cottages

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone rented/lived here at some point? The girlfriend and myself went along today to have a look and while small we were bowled over by its charm. It's a small cul-de-sac of old cottages.

While the rooms are small-ish there are two bedrooms so we can turn one of these into a study.
    There is a soldid fuel fireplace (yeah!) so that can lead to some nice nights in front of the fire.
    As they are cottages we have no neighbours above us (unlike in an apartment) so that eliminates noise from there and the walls are thick so we shouldn't hear our neighbours to either side.

They are gas heated, what way does that work? Do we need to buy a cas cannister or are they connected to a network? What way does rubbish collection work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I have have friend that lives there. Very small, but a nice and quiet street. You'd forget that you're so near town. Most of the people living there are older and make for good neighbours.

I couldn't tell you about how the heating is setup, sorry. Has it been recently renovated?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

grizzly wrote: »
    I have have friend that lives there. Very small, but a nice and quiet street. You'd forget that you're so near town. Most of the people living there are older and make for good neighbours.

I couldn't tell you about how the heating is setup, sorry. Has it been recently renovated?

Yeah I thought the neighbours would be a good bunch. It doesn't look like it's been renovated recently but it's in good condition and it'll be nice to turn the smaller bedroom into a study (aka somewhere to get away from the missus).

Is your friend happy living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah very happy there. I almost moved there myself, until I found I didn't to leave my current place. What is it renting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

grizzly wrote: »
    Yeah very happy there. I almost moved there myself, until I found I didn't to leave my current place. What is it renting for?

They are looking for €1000pm. However a chap who lives in another cottage was telling us his rent is €900pm and I saw another cottage tonight on daft in better conditon (though one bedroom) for €900 as well, so I may try and haggle as I believe the cottage has been unoccupied for the last 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I know someone who looked at a place there a few months ago. She was put off by the fact that the neighbours were lounging around with their front door open at 3 pm on a Wednesday. But then she was probably just being a bit snobby :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement