Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Health & Health Promotion

• 05-01-2009 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26

Hi, just wondering if anyone here is doing this course or knows anything about it? My daughter is thinking of doing it and would appreciate any information from anybody who knows of it. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hammer Hands

Hi, i'm not doing this course, but 3 of my friends are. They really like it, and find it really interesting. However, they do, however jokingly, say that it is a made up course, and they can't get any jobs out of it! I'm not really sure about any of it, but it seems like a really fulfilling course, and from my completely ignorant point of view, it seems like a great choice. I hope your daughter chooses what's right for her, and really enjoys whatever she goes for. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It is one of those courses that is made up to allow foreigners to come to study in Ireland, there isn't really any other purpose to it, honestly ask your daughter what she wants to do after college? Be a health promotioner? Does such a thing exist? Anyone I know who does it admits that they have no idea what sort of a job they can do, they all talk about the HSE but there is no way the HSE will employ an entire class of graduates each year. If she does this you will probably have to hand her out enough money to do a real degree after she has you broke from 4 years doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Hey guys, I'm just looking into this career sector, and wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the course / career path?

Advertisement