Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

It is good to see everyone back in the new year. I hope you all had a nice holiday. I for one was glad to get back to work and it is uncertain times like these that make me appreciate the job i have and the work i do. I often feel like i am fed up with my work but it only takes a couple of weeks around family and friends to make me realise work isnt that bad.:D

Happy new year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Have to say that I enjoyed the break but am glad to be back to work too. At the moment I know what's in store for me for the next 8-10 weeks at least, which isn't too bad all considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm back this morning as well and I really really don't want to be here anymore. It's all the bloody uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Back yesterday, only drawback of the holidays is that the office is closed and not producing an income, but wages still have to be paid. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but I'm glad to be back.

Nice surprise yesterday, two new jobs came in, but the workload is still majorly down. Anyway I take heart from the first day back, new work, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I've been back since early last week, had to lodge an emergency application before the end of the year for my biggest client over the years so short holidays for me!! But I was getting bored anyways!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im sorta back. Had the damn flue all last week and now spending a few hours this week catching up on a few domestic chores before I get stuck in again.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

back since monday....
    things coming in in drips an drags...

a BER, a mapping job, a cert of comp etc....

I wa stalking to a friend who was let go before christmas, he worked with a bigger office, who said that there are plenty of guys out there who want to build and develop, but they cant get the money from the bloody banks...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Back last friday. Took afew levels Saturday - fresh air.
    Sick over christmas (lookin slim & sexy:D) so it was nice to do something rather than watch tv!
    Turned away 2 BER this week! (Existing houses, one for sale, one for rent)
    Seems a shame.... Need to find someone in South East.

Its a great time to build if you have the finance agreed!

Happy new year to one and all.

RKQ wrote: »
    Sick over christmas (lookin slim & sexy:D)

I never knew a virus could perform plastic surgery ?...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

RKQ wrote: »
    Back last friday. Took afew levels Saturday - fresh air.
    Sick over christmas (lookin slim & sexy:D) so it was nice to do something rather than watch tv!
    Turned away 2 BER this week! (Existing houses, one for sale, one for rent)
    Seems a shame.... Need to find someone in South East.

Its a great time to build if you have the finance agreed!

Happy new year to one and all.

There are plenty of dating agencys online give it a go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

it aint safe to post round these here parts anymore :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Wouldn't recommend my "slim-fast" diet!!:eek:

Waiting on a call from Big Brother! They are in Dublin this week.

I'm too sexy for my shirt!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Works v.slow for us since coming back, have a couple of BERS that will have to be passed on as we wont have done the course until next week:rolleyes:
    Still, enough work on the books to keep ticking over for a while so we've been told...

As mentioned above though, was chatting to a couple of our larger clients this week who are itching to get started on site with jobs & get moving on new ones but are competely in limbo thanks to the banks, terribly frustrating when people are being let go left, right & centre, if the banks get their act together there could easily be a decent amount of work to kick start our sector from its current slumber.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    ...As mentioned above though, was chatting to a couple of our larger clients this week who are itching to get started on site with jobs & get moving on new ones but are competely in limbo thanks to the banks, terribly frustrating when people are being let go left, right & centre, if the banks get their act together there could easily be a decent amount of work to kick start our sector from its current slumber.

Ditto..all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Was chatting to the principal of small accountancy practice last Nov .

He had 12 clients , first time buyers , loan approved ....... watching , waiting too nervous to commit .

I believe that the potential for a quick bounce back existed , maybe still exists .

Fingers crossed , if BOB ( there's no one as Irish as ;) ) can inspire ( don't look to Leinster house ) then it may pass over soon

Advertisement