Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Turkish?

• 05-01-2009 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

Hi there everyone :)
    Since we have no turkish chocolate in my country i just discovered it when I came to Ireland for the first time...
    I don't dislike cadbury's turkish but it's a bit too sweet for me...someone could suggest me some more turkish chocolate? industrial or handmade, where to buy it, etc?
    Thank you Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Turkish is rotten.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Turkish is rotten.!

Very useful and well articulated...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

There's a stall in Georges Street Arcade in Dublin that does great Turkish. Though I haven't seen chocolate covered Turkish the stuff is covered in a light layer of sugar.

Nummy Nummy Nums. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

Fry's turkish ?

Its in a magenta(SP?) wrapper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fry's turkish ftw.

it's a rip-off now though,it's a lot smaller than it used to be and retails in my local newsagent for 92c:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Frys turkish is one of my favourites! Also it's not too heavy on the calories ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah +1 for Fry's Turkish. Haven't had one in ages, now I crave it....

I like Cadbury's aswell though. Thornton's Turkish isn't that nice imo - too solid and too chewy. I like Turkish to be soft.

Thank you all for the hints! :) I'll try the Fry's one next!
    I live in Cork...any other suggestions ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is it actually just called Turkish or Turkish Delight? Is Turkish Delight a brand name or the product name?

I really dunno, since, as said, we don't have anything similar in my country and I discovered it in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Faith wrote: »
    Is it actually just called Turkish or Turkish Delight? Is Turkish Delight a brand name or the product name?

Turkish Delight

Traditionally, it isn't covered by chocolate, and you can get boxes of the stuff, both lemon and rose flavoured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Fry's Turkish is lovely. Marks and Spencer do nice Turkish aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Fry's ftw. Cadbury's has too much chocolate and not enough Turkish Delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fry's has just the right amount of Turkish Delight in it!! My dad brought me a 6 pack of them when I was in hospital... loved him for it!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

While I like cadburys and frys turkish delight it really isn't the same as the traditional turkish delight, nothing like it at all. It's far too sweet, although I've a soft spot for frys. However I would choose the traditional non chocolate covered turkish delight, especially the one with pistachio nuts in it, over the fake chocolate covered stuff any day of the week. Pity it's so hard to find.

Advertisement