Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sport & Exercise Sciences

• 05-01-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26

Hi, anybody here doing Sport & Exercise Sciences? Just wondering how you find it - is it an intensive course, how many hours etc? Know somebody who is interested in applying for it and would like info. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

One of my friends is in 3rd year Sports Science. It seems like an interesting course. He and most of his class mates that I would know seem to like the course. There is a good bit of course work like lab reports and that sort of thing. He's actually going on co-op to Australia working with an AFL team for 7 months in two weeks time. If you want to PM me your email address I will pass it onto him if you have any questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

2 of my housemates are in 2nd year Sports Science, or at least some sports related class :(

They love it!
    It seems fairly intense tbh, lots of practical work though which seems cool, especially if you are really keen regarding sports.

They have lots of time for extra-ciricular activities though, and both are actively involved in the trampolining club, and the extreme-frisbee thingy...God I should pay more attention to them...

If you want more details, just PM me, and I'll get one of the lads to get back to you with any info you require. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 stik

Thanks a lot for your replies - good to hear it's enjoyable! Just one thing if you might know - would it be much of a disadvantage to be not actively involved in sport or would it be better to be in a team or organisation etc? Just wondering if you would need to be able to fall back on experience for labs etc? Thanks again for your help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I wouldnt say that it is a requirement to be part of a team sport or anything.
    I'd suggest joining some sort of sporting club at UL though, it cant hurt you especially if Sports Science is the course you are aiming to do.

I know that one of my housemates rarely goes to class, and often misses labs, but always manages to get assignments in on time, and passes, so take what you want from that.. Not the most helpful, but I cant ask them further questions for about another week, as one is in Canada and the other in the USA at present, but when they return I will post up some more useful information.

Advertisement