Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

If you under go a recent hearing test that inhibits your ability to complete a full Leaving Certificate listening exam, can you get an exemption ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

This is the SEC stance on aural examinations:

2.3 Oral and Aural Examinations

In the case of oral examinations, school authorities are requested to liaise with examiners with regard to candidates who have special needs. The arrangements for aural examinations vary according to degree of deafness and are as follows:

* The candidate may remain in the main centre but sit close to the tape recorder.

* The candidate may remain in the main centre and be allowed to use a personal stereo player with personal induction loop. An additional tape of the questions will be provided in such circumstances.

* The candidate may be allowed to sit in a separate room and listen to a tape recorder either with or without headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

So if i can get an up to date doctors note confirming my bad hearing then i can receive certain aids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Jiggy wrote: »
    So if i can get an up to date doctors note confirming my bad hearing then i can receive certain aids

Defo. I know a girl who had her own centre just for the aural exams because she had a hearing difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jiggy

Time for me to visit my local doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Bad hearing can lead to AIDS?!

I've a blocked ear, could I have syphilis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yep you can. Just consult your doctor/parents/audiologist (sp?) and go over the details regarding what kind of inhibtation you've got. From there you can organise it with the school what you need etc.

Advertisement