Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do ya think??

Options
  • 05-01-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Should i swap my 1.5 1995 Honda civic coupe with 90,000 for a 1.4 2000 Honda civic Hatchback with 95,000...body work on both cars are grand and have nct for two years,tax just up on the hatchback though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

gversey wrote: »
    Should i swap my 1.5 1995 Honda civic coupe with 90,000 for a 1.4 2000 Honda civic Hatchback with 95,000...body work on both cars are grand and have nct for two years,tax just up on the hatchback though.

Why do you want to swap cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

I just feel that the coupe is two big for me i have been driving it since august without any problems but i dont have a family or kids,i feel its a waste and a smaller car would suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I just feel that the coupe is two big for me i have been driving it since august without any problems but i dont have a family or kids,i feel its a waste and a smaller car would suit.

The coupe is hardly a big car! It is a 2 door car, it's not really meant as a family car ;) Width wise the civic hatch back will probably be the same width, it is a bit shorter in length though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is this swap free? If it is, come up 5 years for a similar car for nothing, why not.

If it's costing you, don't change. Don't fixed what's not broken and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Thats what i mean,straight swap ,5 years up and only 5,000 milage down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thats what i mean,straight swap ,5 years up and only 5,000 milage down.

Lol, i know it sounds stupid, but the coupe would still be more appealing to me. If there is nothing wrong with that 00 car and you like it, well then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

seeing as the 00' Civic checks out then there shouldn't be much of a risk and you should get a better resale price on the 00 vehicle also.

How long are you looking to hold onto the 00 civic for? If you have an intent to sell it in the near future then I'd go for it.

Advertisement