Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corporate Media on the Israel/Palestine Issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mod hat on

I am never shy to point out when people are making convenient generalisations to justify their argument. I challenged MC recently because he was using logic of "B always comes from A" to suggest "A must turn into B". I see the same here. There are a number of posters who are referring to Zionists. They are not the ones making the claim that "Zionist == Jew". That seems to be the territory of those who want to knock them, and to be honest its bang out of line...particularly since some of those posters have explicitly clarified in the past that they mean no such generalisation.

Indeed...if the only Jews mentioned here are Zionists (as has just been claimed), then claiming that such a generalisation lies behind it must be entirely without evidence...which is ironic considering which "side" it seems to be coming from.

Now lets put this to rest. If anyone here has an issue with a post because they believe its discriminatory against Jews (I still refuse to call that racism for reasons I've clarified in the past), then report it and do not bring the topic up in-thread...same as you should do for anything you believe is in breach of the charter.

If you think the charter is at fault, allowing this type of stuff, then there's proper channels for discussing amendments there as well.

If you're not happy with the way the mods handle your complaints, then there's well-established avenues for complaining about us.

The free-for-all is over. One way or another, the attacking of posters will stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bonkey wrote: »
    mod hat on

I am never shy to point out when people are making convenient generalisations to justify their argument. I challenged MC recently because he was using logic of "B always comes from A" to suggest "A must turn into B". I see the same here. There are a number of posters who are referring to Zionists. They are not the ones making the claim that "Zionist == Jew". That seems to be the territory of those who want to knock them, and to be honest its bang out of line...particularly since some of those posters have explicitly clarified in the past that they mean no such generalisation.

Indeed...if the only Jews mentioned here are Zionists (as has just been claimed), then claiming that such a generalisation lies behind it must be entirely without evidence...which is ironic considering which "side" it seems to be coming from.

Now lets put this to rest. If anyone here has an issue with a post because they believe its discriminatory against Jews (I still refuse to call that racism for reasons I've clarified in the past), then report it and do not bring the topic up in-thread...same as you should do for anything you believe is in breach of the charter.

If you think the charter is at fault, allowing this type of stuff, then there's proper channels for discussing amendments there as well.

If you're not happy with the way the mods handle your complaints, then there's well-established avenues for complaining about us.

The free-for-all is over. One way or another, the attacking of posters will stop.

I'm not going to argue about this as it is in the interests of the forum so fair enough.

And you do make a very logical point as always. I've never personally come across a purported Zionist that wasn't also a Jew, although I'm sure there must be some. If a Jewish person is within a hundred metres of a CT then they are labelled a Zionist and are involved by default. So can I ask one question of everyone, why do you all think given that Jews make up such a tiny percentage of the worlds population (I estimate about 0.019%) how can they be actually involved in so many conspiracies?

It just seems very very unlikely. All I can think of is bias but maybe there's other reasons, I dunno. How do we explain all these 'Zionists' at the heart of the conspiracies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

meglome wrote: »
    I'm not going to argue about this as it is in the interests of the forum so fair enough.

...he says, before going on to argue about this.
    So can I ask one question of everyone,why do you all think given that Jews make up such a tiny percentage of the worlds population (I estimate about 0.019%) how can they be actually involved in so many conspiracies?
    No, you can't....at least, not in this thread.

You've just effectively undermined any chance it had of getting back to the topic it was supposed to be about, and I've made it more than clear that we are not having generic "everything about the Jews" threads here...which seems to be exactly what your question is targetted at.
    How do we explain all these 'Zionists' at the heart of the conspiracies?
    Same way we explain all these NWO at the heart of conspiracies, or the Illumanati, or any of the other myriad of "secret powers" that are allegely behind everything.

But wait...we don't have an explanation for these other groups either...but somehow we also don't have the complaint that this makes it unreasonable to discuss them time after time after time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement