Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re Radio Dublin

• 06-01-2009 12:53am

I used to live in a house on Ballyfermot Road in the 1990s which was claimed by some to have been used to broadcast Radio Dublin in its early days. Specifically, the house had a structural problem and it was claimed that it was caused by mounting the transmission antenna out through the roof and leaving the attic exposed to the elements.

Could anyone confirm or deny this? I never really mentioned it to anyone at the time as I didn't think they would believe me anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Most of the old radio Dublin crew and their mates hang out frequently on the radiowaves website. It may be worth your while having a look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Karsini wrote: »
    I used to live in a house on Ballyfermot Road in the 1990s which was claimed by some to have been used to broadcast Radio Dublin in its early days. Specifically, the house had a structural problem and it was claimed that it was caused by mounting the transmission antenna out through the roof and leaving the attic exposed to the elements.

Could anyone confirm or deny this? I never really mentioned it to anyone at the time as I didn't think they would believe me anyway.

They did broadcast from 3 Sarsfield Road in the mid 70s to early 80s. Before that they did have a studio on the Ballyfermot Road. Station owner/paedo Eamon Cooke is now locked up so don't expect him to reply here any time soon!

Advertisement