Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Tyres around KK

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere that people here would particularly recommend for car tyres around KK/surrounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Can't beat good old TC tyres;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

TC Tyres on Upper Patrick St and ATB on the Hebron Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Callan tyres in the Callan ind estate are very good for value money also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

T C yer only man ......a bit pricy though in these recessional times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The guy who has a little tyre place at the Hebron Road roundabout. It's near Eddie Rockett's, beside the Polish grocery shop and the closed greasy spoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

that would be pat gormley. he is very reasonable and a nice lad

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Bargain Tyres in Kilmaganny is very good value. Bit out of your way but if you need a couple of tyres it'll be worth your while. Ring around and ask for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

I go to comer to Grady's,he does em out of his house just on the paulstown road,cheap cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Went to JC tyres Tullaroan, very good, throw in the tracking and balancing for free.
    Unfortunately burst one the next week :(. Went to Nolans in Tullow for a replacement..€€€€€€€€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kk-mm-ss

Hi Tyreland out the callan road... Used to always use TC Tyres but heard about tyreland.. Cheap Cheap and deffo needed at these times.. Just head out callan road and there on the right hand side coming from Kilkenny city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 TopCatKK

TC Tyres here. We supply all the major brands which means that all tyres are guaranteed against manufacturing defects. This is certainly important factor when deciding on tyres at the moment. There are a lot of "new" brands out there. As for price "in these recessionary times"...we are always willing to do a deal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Firetrap wrote: »
    The guy who has a little tyre place at the Hebron Road roundabout. It's near Eddie Rockett's, beside the Polish grocery shop and the closed greasy spoon.

Thats Pit Lane tyres. Recently got 4 tyres there. I had phoned a few places for quotes and his was cheapest. Was recommended to me by someone else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

Time for Tyres on the way into Castlecomer on the right hand. He knows his stuff. He does all my vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

There's a tyre place in Ballyhale (on left hand side if you're coming from Kilkenny side) that are really good for prices, know their stuff too :)

In town I've always found TC great, nice handy location too

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

kk-mm-ss wrote: »
    Hi Tyreland out the callan road... Used to always use TC Tyres but heard about tyreland.. Cheap Cheap and deffo needed at these times.. Just head out callan road and there on the right hand side coming from Kilkenny city.

+1 on tyreland. great value and quick service. Just past cuffesgrange on your way to Callan........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

TopCatKK wrote: »
    TC Tyres here. We supply all the major brands which means that all tyres are guaranteed against manufacturing defects. This is certainly important factor when deciding on tyres at the moment. There are a lot of "new" brands out there. As for price "in these recessionary times"...we are always willing to do a deal. :)

1 thing you have to take into account is the quality of the tyre and as with everything quality costs more a cheap tyre could fail at the wrong time, well you get what you pay for...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Always go to TC tyres, even after shopping around and taking all things into consideration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brad Pitt

Really? I heard their an ugly bunch. They must be special, the fact you registered just to post that.

Besides, your man out in Kilmoganny is cheaper.

I did say they were hot!!! worth registering for :) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

+ TC Tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

TC Tyres too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Be weary of cheap imports without CE mark, will not pass NCT

They are called "DITCHFINDERS".............:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

ATB in Hebron. Nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

You must be kidding! Bad experience on balancing for 1st time, no joy with exhaust for second. Wouldn't go back! TC or the one on Callan Rd for me.

Sky King wrote: »
    ATB in Hebron. Nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Acme Tyres in Cuffsgrange or Penders in Ballyhale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Buy online and get them fitted locally. www.eiretyres.com or www.camskill.co.uk & you are guaranteed to save on the deal.

TC tyres are the most overpriced in town IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Buy online and get them fitted locally. www.eiretyres.com or www.camskill.co.uk & you are guaranteed to save on the deal.

I have used camskill before. Very reasonable prices. Great service. make sure you have a garage lined up to fit, track and balance tyres so you add this to the on line tyre price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Lots of garages dont like fitting someone elses tyres,seen as unpatriotic not buying from them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I also go to Tyreland, Great value for run flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Callan tyres and Tyreland in Cuffesgrange both give good service.
    I know we are in recession but is there not a weakness with cheap tyres, perhaps someone who is an expert could give some guidance.
    From what I read, road grip is one point, like stopping quicker with a decent tyre, worth knowing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Callan tyres and Tyreland in Cuffesgrange both give good service.
    I know we are in recession but is there not a weakness with cheap tyres, perhaps someone who is an expert could give some guidance.
    From what I read, road grip is one point, like stopping quicker with a decent tyre, worth knowing anyway.

I don't think anybody is recommending cheap tyres, buying online will get you the same quality tyres as any bricks n mortar shop. Just be sure to factor in the fitting costs when comparing prices..

Advertisement