Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bmw 318 issue - HELP required

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Issue with car at moment, maybe someone else has had same issue in the past. Its a push button start model, when you insert the key and press the button car wont start, no light other than handbreak lit on dash, then all lights come on and fan starts but still wont turn on when you press again, then when you press a third time it wont start but inside car light will come on with dash lights going off, takes about 5 mins of trying for it to start, but when it does start it drives fine - no loss of power?Any suggestions:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 linkedin09

Ive heard of something like this before. I think you need to have the brake pedal pushed before pushing the button. Try it out. Other than that im not sure. Good Luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

As above i'm sure you know the brake/clutch has to be pressed for the car to start. Other than that, if it's under warranty i'd be getting it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

ya its a clutch start, has been fine for a few months, happened once the weekend and since yest every time i start it, still under warranty just curious as to what it is, bought from a large dealer but not a bmw dealer, will give em a ring tomorrow

Advertisement