Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Take back your end of life Opel"

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Basically, Opel will scrap your old Opel for you.
    http://www.opel.ie/action/brandsite?branch=cas&asset=cas&cntryCd=IE&langCd=en&webSiteId=GBPIE&nav=main&EOF=true
    Since the 8 June 2006 the new ELV law has been enforced. All Opel vehicles can be given back by their owners to our take-back partners, free of charge as long as they fulfill the following conditions:

The vehicle has up to 9 seats or is a Light Commercial Van up to 3.5 tonnes
    The vehicle was finally registered in Ireland
    Essential parts or components are not missing
    The vehicle doesn't contain any non-automotive waste
    The original vehicle papers have been handed over together with the vehicle

Hand back your end of life vehicle to our take-back partner and they'll give you a Certificate of Destruction (CoD), the paperwork you need to de-register your car. Now you can leave safe in the knowledge that your old car will be disposed of in the most environmentally friendly way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I'm sure all car makers have to do this now. Like the WEEE regulations where you can bring back your old microwave or whatever to Power City.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm sure all car makers have to do this now. Like the WEEE regulations where you can bring back your old microwave or whatever to Power City.

I hope they don't add extra's costs onto cars like they do microwaves. We're getting screwed enough on taxes as it is lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I hope they don't add extra's costs onto cars like they do microwaves. We're getting screwed enough on taxes as it is lol:D

I'm sure they'll marke money out of it somehow.

Advertisement