Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who here would like to be a cartoonist?

Options
  • 06-01-2009 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

It's one of my dream jobs, I loved garfield as a kid, I used to draw from the books for hours! Wallace and gromit I have the upmost respect for the people who create the figures over and over... every movement all that work. You'd need the patience of a saint though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭G-Virus

I would love to but i cant draw to save my life

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sofox

If you really dedicate yourself to your dream, and make every effort to make it succeed, it will come true.

Hey, it worked for this Irish guy: http://www.doctorsnuggles.com/Creator/Bibliography.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

you know a cartoonist is mainly a comic book artist right? The word is sometimes used for those who create animated cartoons, although a person who designs the visual part of animated cartoons is more commonly referred to as an animator. For college courses a cartooning course would cover comics and illustration and not animation but most cartoonists in this country studied animation in college as there is no cartooning courses offered here.

Advertisement