Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin nuvi question

Options
  • 06-01-2009 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

i am considering getting a nuvi, had a play with the 860 nuvi, and found that when you press on the gps signal meter, it shows you what satellites that it is picking up ( like a normal hand held gps) my question is do any other nuvi gps models, come with this feature?

i tried a few and this didnt work.. it only seemed to work on the 860..

i was looking for one that came with the USA maps loaded also.. so was going to go for the 775T nuvi, but discovered that it hadnt this feature...(ie when you press on the gps signal meter, it doesent show you what gps satellites it is picking up)

anyone know any nuvi model that does this?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The 610 does but the 710 doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Honda08 wrote: »
    i am considering getting a nuvi, had a play with the 860 nuvi, and found that when you press on the gps signal meter, it shows you what satellites that it is picking up ( like a normal hand held gps) my question is do any other nuvi gps models, come with this feature?

i tried a few and this didnt work.. it only seemed to work on the 860..

i was looking for one that came with the USA maps loaded also.. so was going to go for the 775T nuvi, but discovered that it hadnt this feature...(ie when you press on the gps signal meter, it doesent show you what gps satellites it is picking up)

cheers

Very few do this as it is normally not a major requirement - the indicator tells you the minimum number of satellites and if a position is being calculated and really that is all that is required?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Honda08 wrote: »

cheers

The 200 and 250 do it but its a hidden feature, you press and hold the signal strength icon for about 5 seconds or so and the satellite screen comes up. Happens on the 600's as well I think.
    Was mentioned here some time ago by another contributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The 610 does but the 710 doesn't
    My 760 does, so I don't see any reason why the 710 shouldn't .. it's the same unit apart from the different maps. You do need to press it for a good few seconds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Works on my 710T

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's on a 360 too

Advertisement