Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who hates that programme 'the swan'?!!! Thank goodness it's gone!

• 06-01-2009 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I hated it with a passion, it made my blood boil. They brought in all these women of all shapes and sizes who had nothing wrong with them, I thought they were pretty enough. They gave them all boob jobs, veeners, blonde hair, new noses, the girls didn't see themselves till 'the work' on them was complete.
    They were all people with obvious psychologyical problems which needed help not a face lift or a new nose. I found it really sad that our world had become that shallow, that giving someone a facelift could actually make them happy? I mean look at Jordan, hardly a role model? Yeah she's rich, but she's never happy.
    The worst thing about the swan was they came out at the end and met their families and the children didn't even recognise there own Mothers, how can that be right! Furthermore it takes away the persons individual beauty and what they uniquely can offer the world. It's an outrage that young girls and older ones watch this complete crap, think that's the answer to happiness save up for a boob job etc... can't afford the next one end up looking worse than before and more miserable than ever. Cosmetic surgery should be for people with birth marks, scars, burns, not for beautiful girls with a few issues who just probably need to talk to someone and lose some weight.
    If you ask me these programmes promote eating disorders and everything that is wrong with the world! I can truthfully say if I had all the millions in the world I wouldn't change a thing about myself, if I did I wouldn't be me anymore. I think other girls should take the same view, our flaws can be the most attractive thing about us.
    Rant over! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

This is Body Modification, not Celebrity and Showbiz.

but, quite frankly, who cares what people who watch that programme think? one imagines the chosen mod there is a lobotomy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sonx

just to point out they were modifying their bodies so is it not under body modification then? I am never on this I don't know 'the rules'! sorry. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

People make this mistake alot, we are about a different kind of body modification.
    check out http://www.bmezine.com to see what we're about.
    :)

Don't know if there's a TV forum, but if there is, try reposting this there, you should get a better responce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

well, yes, for some reason i don't understand, this went from Piercings and Tattoos to "body modificaton", but in reality, we largely talk about piercings and tattoos.

perhaps Celebrity and Showbiz was harsh, but I think Fashion and Appearance would have been on the money.

you aren't going to get a spread of opinions on this topic in here, everyone is going to, en masse, say its a stupid show/premise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sonx

then I have obviously come upon people who are individuals. Which is great. I don't need to repost my rant is over. thanks for the advice anyhow!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement