Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High profile DJ arrested

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Drug Smuggling"?? :rolleyes:

I'd say it was more a case of he was caught in possession of a small amount of drugs for personal use rather than trying to "smuggle" 15 condoms filled with coke inside his stomach.

Completely stupid thing to do though.

I love the last line of the article. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I love the last line of the article. :D

ha ha, same here, totally not related to the article but I'd say the journalist just couldn't resist!

I'd say loads of musicians travel with their own stash on them, Slash from GNR admitted he used to travel with a necklace thing which concealed an amount of cola where ever he went. There's a picture of him with Charlie Sheen (no pun intended I'm sure) on a jet wearing the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ah Erick Morillo, wouldn't be one of my fav DJ's but he is good,some of his earlier [productions on the legendary Strictly Rhythm were outstanding and his mix @ Cafe Mambo for the BBC1 Radio weekend in Ibiza in 2006 is outstanding, no surprises here, sure nearly all the top DJ's are coke fiends, im only surprised he didn't have someone else carrying the stuff for him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i love how they mentioned his colombian roots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Similar thing happened to Grooverider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Nolanger wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to Grooverider.

not really. grooverider accidentally (so he says - i actually believe him as nobody with an ounce of sense would bring drugs into dubai) had weed in his possession into that slave-labour-utilising semi-theocracy.

I'm dying to see how much morillo had on him. given the extent of some DJ's (and other successful musicians) coke habits, I'd be willing to bet that even if he only had enough on him for his 'personal use', it's probably a lot more than your average cokehead that gets arrested.
    And so a possession with intent to sell offence may not be too surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

BaZmO* wrote: »
    "Drug Smuggling"?? :rolleyes:

I'd say it was more a case of he was caught in possession of a small amount of drugs for personal use rather than trying to "smuggle" 15 condoms filled with coke inside his stomach.

Yes, it is 'drug smuggling'. No matter what the quantity, bringing illegal drugs into the country is smuggling. He is paying the price for being a fscking idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Whatever about Morillo's marching powder, this little addition to the end of the article gave me a chuckle:
    Earlier this year, The Arches was threatened with closure after police busted a gay orgy.

Up to 30 men in "various states of undress" were having sex in a cordoned-off area.

Some mistook the police for strippers and carried on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

eth0_ wrote: »
    Yes, it is 'drug smuggling'. No matter what the quantity, bringing illegal drugs into the country is smuggling. He is paying the price for being a fscking idiot.

So a few molecules of coke end up on your clothes while entering a strict foreign country(some guy on plane contaminated you), they have ultra sensitive detectors at foreign airport. Are you guilty of smugglin the substance in????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eth0_ wrote: »
    I know by strict definition it's 'drug smuggling' but using tabloid words like that don't give a proper definition of what he was actually doing and that's being a very naughty boy. I'd be drop down smack me with a wet kipper amazed if was anything other than personal use, but as jsuited said that could be quite a lot in relative terms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

:pac:

Cocaine.jpg

ddu01_0407.jpg

erick%2520morillo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

So a few molecules of coke end up on your clothes while entering a strict foreign country(some guy on plane contaminated you), they have ultra sensitive detectors at foreign airport. Are you guilty of smugglin the substance in????????????????????????????????

Believe it or not, in some countries (such as Dubai), yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Go ahead and keep dancin..cos he's got the pills? :pac:

i'll get my coat.

Advertisement