Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prov. F1 2009 Calendar

• 06-01-2009 7:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

2009 FIA Formula One world championship calendar:

29 Mar - Australia (Melbourne)

5 Apr - Malaysia (Sepang)

19 Apr - China (Shanghai)

26 Apr - Bahrain (Sakhir)

10 May - Spain (Barcelona)

24 May - Monaco

7 June - Turkey (Istanbul)

21 June - Great Britain (Silverstone)

12 July - Germany (Nurburgring)

26 July - Hungary (Hungaroring)

23 August Europe (Valencia)

30 August - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

13 September - Italy (Monza)

27 September - Singapore

4 October - Japan (Suzuka)

18 October - Brazil (Interlagos)

1 November - Abu Dhabi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pity canadas gone, was usually good race

A late start too, would have liked to see the season start at the start of march instead of the end of march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Have to wait all the way till end of March:(

I though Silverstone was gone this year, or is this the last year?

No more Brazilian finish to the season either, pity that was always a good ending to the year. Hopefully UAE will provide an equally interesting race in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Yay Suzuka's back, i hate that fuji circuit. I will miss canada too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Yay Suzuka's back, i hate that fuji circuit. I will miss canada too.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

29Th of March! There is only so many videos i can watch on YouTube before they run out. I need my fix and cant wait that long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Have to wait all the way till end of March:(

I though Silverstone was gone this year, or is this the last year?

Silverstone for one more year, Donington from 2010, for a 10 year contract.

BTW - I don't hear anyone lament over losing the Magny-Cours Race?
    I liked that circuit, from a spectator point of few. Far easier to get around, compaired to Silverstone.

Not a mention either of any further races in the US.
    I was very, very, lucky to be in the States on holiday in 2000, so managed to get a flight and ticket online! Pity it went pear-shaped, the Yankies love motorsport!

Damo9090 - have you had a look at these, some great footage!
    http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mrmac wrote: »
    Damo9090 - have you had a look at these, some great footage!
    http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

Brazil, still sickens me.

Silverstone for one more year, Donington from 2010, for a 10 year contract.
    Provided they can get planing permission and the cash for the improvements. Nothing wrong with Silverstone IMO its usually a good race, why cant we have 2 races in UK? With LH they would both sell out.
    BTW - I don't hear anyone lament over losing the Magny-Cours Race?
    I liked that circuit, from a spectator point of few. Far easier to get around, compaired to Silverstone.
    Magny-Cours is ok i don't see why it needed to go just to keep some vip's happy, We definitely don't need another street circuit to replace it even if it is in Paris.
    Not a mention either of any further races in the US.
    I was very, very, lucky to be in the States on holiday in 2000, so managed to get a flight and ticket online! Pity it went pear-shaped, the Yankies love motorsport!
    Would love a race in US F1 needs to expand there before more races in Asia/Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

hoping the changes to the rules/cars will bring it back to the way it was during the nineties but im not holding my breath. used to love f1 never missed a race but the lack of actual on track wheel to wheel racing has put me off unfortunately motogp seems to be heading in the same direction so that leaves wsbk if those two sports are not sorted out soon.

Grim - yeah I felt that way too for a long while, BUT, I have to say that there have been some fantastic duals the last couple of years. Schumacher V Kimi (remember Kimi getting that flat tyre!) Schumacher V Alonso (who is going to push who off the track!), and the last two seasons with Lewis Hamilton, I personally thought last year saw some great racing!!

Race 1 Australia - utter devastation! 22 cars started, only 7 finished!! What a start!
    Race 2 Malaysia - Ferrari domination, again, until Felipe Massa made a noobie error and crashed out. Did that cost him the Championship?

etc.etc.etc a great year.......

Between Felipe's and Ferrari's mistakes, he lost out on (I'm guessing) 25 points during the season. It should have been in the bag long before Brazil, but I'm glad LH won it.

Another wee fact:
    Compare recent years, with the Schumacher days (I'm a big fan BTW, right from the early races), by looking at when the Championship was actually decided.

2000 - MSchu - In The Bag - Race 16 of 17
    2001 - MS - ITB - Race 13 of 17 (Who remembers any races after that!)
    2002 - MS - ITB - Race 11 of 17 (Even worse for the sport!)
    2003 - MS - ITB - Race 16 of 16
    2004 - MS - ITB - Race 14 of 18
    2005 - FAlonso - ITB - Race 17 of 19 (Great season)
    2006 - FA - ITB - Race 18 of 18 (Another great seaon)
    2007 - KRaikK - ITB - Race 17 of 17 ( :) )
    2008 - LHamilt - ITB - Race 18 of 18 ( :):) )

Predicable results are well over.

So come-on you deserters, switch back to F1, at least for a couple of races!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

cant wait for the new season.have been watching old f1 races from the 60s and 70s on espn classics to get my fix

cant wait for the new season.have been watching old f1 races from the 60s and 70s on espn classics to get my fix

+1 watched 3 full races on YouTube last week. Only2 and a half months to go!

Glad to hear there's still a few die-hards who are looking forward to this years races!

looking forward to this years races!

theres races in f1 now? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Really looking forward to this season :D Will miss Canada though, Magny Cours was a good race but no way as good as Canada was.
    They could get rid of Valencia (so boring!!!!) and put Canada back in there, although seeing as its such a new track we are stuck with it for a few years.

Irishshin wrote: »
    They could get rid of Valencia (so boring!!!!)

Give it a chance last year was its first run.

Might be the grand prix of the year this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Give it a chance last year was its first run.

Might be the grand prix of the year this season.

I doubt it TBH.

My first impression of the track was that it was going to be a crap race and it was. I think it's a terrible track and will produce a similar event this year:(

imo there should only be one street circuit and that's Monaco if i had my way i would get rid of Singapore and Valencia give back the a1 ring and old nurburgring from a few years ago along with Canada, Qatar has a great circuit as well. Would love to see a race at laguna seca and mugello pity both are really way to narrow

Grim. wrote: »
    imo there should only be one street circuit and that's Monaco if i had my way i would get rid of Singapore and Valencia give back the a1 ring and old nurburgring from a few years ago along with Canada, Qatar has a great circuit as well. Would love to see a race at laguna seca and mugello pity both are really way to narrow
    Im not even a fan of Monaco i cant see how Valencia will be better this year. Monaco has been around for years and is only interesting when its wet.

Advertisement