Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AlphaWave Broadband Useless

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

BTW the beeb created their own 22,000 PC botnet, to prove how easy it is and nobody is suing them... yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

<lots of spam, and is now banned>

If they are part of the Azotel franchise, that has nothing to do with military encryption. It's just a different technology from 802.11a they are using.

Besides that, hijacking old discussions for advertising purposes is not particular popular around here. Especially, when it seems, that that's all your profile was set up for.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Anyway, besides encryption the connection is rubbish again with the last week, massive latency spikes and speed drops and tx rates in the CPE dropping to 1mbps with 5% transmit CCQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Duke of Speed

I had alphawave for 2 years and had 3 megs originally then a new guy took over and said 2 was max whether i liked it or not and i changed to three with a b260 router and was getting between 1 and 3.5 megs but had to be careful with the 20 meg cap but two months ago it got dreadful seems 2 masts were faulty in waterford i was told.It improved a bit. then one day I saw a poster on the road near dawn meats advertising total wireless broadband available in the area for moon coin and i think piltown area 29 euros per month 3megs and unlimited use contacted them and a very professional guy andy linton contacted me and fitted within a couple of days. I never get below 3megs most of the time its 5 to 8 megs and ping times of 28m/s on speediest .net to dundalk couple of other people i know have it same story with results so happy days. the difference is unbelievable hd on you tube no delay maybe alpha wave have competition now and come out of the dark ages of 1mb for gods sake email speed ridiculous in this age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

That's a nice testimonial. The company I work for is Total Wireless.

Service available in South Kilkenny and Tramore/Fenor areas at present.

A.

• Advertisement

no problem have it 4 months now still the same reliable as ever whether its nine in the morning or nine at night speeds are the same which is rare for anyone living in the country so I guess your company can take a well deserved clap on the back keep up the good work in these recession times

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

no problem have it 4 months now still the same reliable as ever whether its nine in the morning or nine at night speeds are the same which is rare for anyone living in the country so I guess your company can take a well deserved clap on the back keep up the good work in these recession times

you might get a free months subscription if you keep pimping and advertising the great service from Total wireless or maybe get a bonus if you could dig up an thread over 4 years old that may bad mouth any other competition in the area...:eek:

you might get a free months subscription if you keep pimping and advertising the great service from Total wireless or maybe get a bonus if you could dig up an thread over 4 years old that may bad mouth any other competition in the area...:eek:

I dont pimp anyone told my story as is have no connection with this company whatsoever, praised the company and shared my experience which they earned and you have a problem with that. people have their own minds and will make theirs up facts speak for themselves if alphawave were providing a good service we wouldnt have this thread don't see any thread for t wireless providing a bad service I suggest you deal with the matter of the thread not take personal swipes at posters or maybe you work for alpha wave if alpha wave provide better speeds I may even consider them thats up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

I dont pimp anyone told my story as is have no connection with this company whatsoever, praised the company and shared my experience which they earned and you have a problem with that. people have their own minds and will make theirs up facts speak for themselves if alphawave were providing a good service we wouldnt have this thread don't see any thread for t wireless providing a bad service I suggest you deal with the matter of the thread not take personal swipes at posters or maybe you work for alpha wave if alpha wave provide better speeds I may even consider them thats up to them

it just seems a bit strange that you drag up a 4 year old thread about alphawave to highlight you satisfaction with your new isp. If you did not see any thread for t wireless why didn't you start one ....

In fairness to Alphawave, service quality has improved greatly since the last 2 or 3 years. OSPF failover and WPA2 + PPPoE is used now.

• Advertisement

thats good to hear have they increased their packages and speed nice to see someone bringing constructive facts to the thread instead of insults

No increases in speed which is the downside.
    I've been a customer for many years now but the speeds/price are falling way behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭finbarrrr

Goof stuff here.. I'm in the Butlerstown area and I'm looking for Broadband (Eircom unable to provide on my lane).

I saw the sign for Alpha Wave down the road the other day but now from here. I think I'll get onto Total Broadband instead.

Cheers Folks

Advertisement