Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on getting domestic well bored

• 06-01-2009 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place to post but couldnt find any thread more suitable.

Can anyone offer advise on getting domestic well bored. Applyed for planning permission and have to bore well and submit water analysis results as no other water source in the area. Building in galway county and new to this game. Anyone any recommendations or comments on companies that do this. Got a couple of quotes (8 euro per ft) but all depends on how far they have to go to get good flow.

Would appreciate any advise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm starting this so I can move a post from another thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Is there other wells close by for other houses, if so you may be allowed to test a sample from that well, ask your area planner. A bored well is an expensive hobby with little or no guarentee of a result. I've had a few done over the years they usually end up at around 200ft, you also have to pump the water out for about three days before taking a test which will also cost a few hundred euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Thanks for reply. There are no other wells near us as site is away from other houses/farms etc. Didnt know that it would have to be left flushing for 3 days. Thanks, if we need to do that is wont come as such a surprise. Do you know of any good companies who have good reputation.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

For Drilling or testing?? i knew a great guy for drilling a few years ago, he could be retired though at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wouldn't know anyone in the area myself but a few of these guys advertise in the yellow (golden) pages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭cuculainn

No6 wrote: »
    For Drilling or testing?? i knew a great guy for drilling a few years ago, he could be retired though at this stage.

Thanks for getting back. We are looking for someone to drill the well.

Would you be able to send me on his name/contact details?? you can post or PM me.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

cuculainn wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back. We are looking for someone to drill the well.

Would you be able to send me on his name/contact details?? you can post or PM me.

Thanks

Alot depends on where the site is,I mean no company can garuntee the quality of water.I'll pm you the name of the company that done mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Anyone got recommendations for well drilling in the SE, PMs only please!

Advertisement