Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt broadband eircom problom

Options
  • 06-01-2009 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

bit of a rant//

once broadband was available in my aera i got it. that was some 5-6 years ago id say and im pritty sure i was one of the first to have it installed.

ive never had the full speeds available to me before xmass i was getting 160 kbps which i was very happy with as it allowed me to do everything i wanted at acceptable speeds .

however tradigy stuck some time in november a esb truck reversed into a phone pole and took out the lines for my entire road. I notised almost imediatly ( within 8 hrs ) that the phone lines were out and contacted eircom to which a very nice enginear rang me to ask what problom i had with my phone line and when did it start .

I told him about the esb blunder and he went off to fix it. Once the fix was in place ( almost a week without a phone ) i looked at my speed test rating. The speeds werent to bad around 140k not to much off what i was getting before but my quality of service was in the 30% range and the jitter was very high. Less then 7 days later the phone line went dead again. They fixed it in record timing. But now my broadband speeds are maxing at 50kbps

i find this very annoying i cant understand why this would happen they were only to replace hardware that had been broken. Ive reported the problom to eircom they said they will have a look at it and to expect a result in 4-5 working days.

I cant see myself getting any satisfaction from them. Ive a feeling they will say its because you live to far away and there is nothing they will do. Is there anyone with a brain in eircom that i could talk to about this ? Who would get it sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

the eircom teck has ran me to say there is nothing he can do about my broadband speeds :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

elexes wrote: »
    the eircom teck has ran me to say there is nothing he can do about my broadband speeds :(

Not surprised really, given your spelling :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

FredH3as wrote: »
    Not surprised really, given your spelling :rolleyes:

Have to agree with this - (not to mention an allergy to capitals!) could posters please show some respect for prospective readers?:rolleyes:

What are your line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

didnt know this was a english class

problom sorted

elexes wrote: »
    didnt know this was a english class

problom sorted

Its more a question of courtesy and consideration for the person who has to decode the post.

I am sure that the very people who cannot be a**ed to bother to post 'properly' would be appalled if the people answering what are usually technical questions did not bother to post correct answers but simply wrote down whatever came into their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Decode the post? It was pretty easy to see what the issue was. Get off your high horse like a good child.

Decode the post? It was pretty easy to see what the issue was. Get off your high horse like a good child.

No high horse at all. It is not too much to ask people to be literate if they are asking other people to help them. The point is the reader should not have to 'see' what the issue is.

Do you think people asking for technical help should then have to decode posts from people too lazy to be exact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

now now ladies be nice :)

post up your speedtest.net results along with your line stats

Advertisement