Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is forum so slow

Options
  • 06-01-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I want to use this forum but find it so slow to navigate. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this usual. I don't have this problem with other sites.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you provide more information? What link are you clicking and how long does it take to load exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not slow for me.
    Perhaps it's a problem on your end?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

How long exactly does it take, can you please time it exactly. Are you talking 10 minutes to load or 10 seconds or 10 milliseconds? Slow is subjective.

it's about 30 seconds. This is a long time compared to other sites. It's ok if I'm looking at one post, but if I'm looking at a couple to see if I want to post it all adds up, and very time consuming considering ther is alot of interesting stuff on the forum and is great it is Irish.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, that's probably something on your side. I'd routinely open 6/7 pages at once, and I'd be surprised if they took 5 seconds to load all of them.

What browser and operating system are you on? I do have an older machine at home which struggles when I attempt to open a load of tabs at once.

Edit:
    Actually, I am noticing some sort of delay with the google ads. If you're using Internet Explorer, this could cause the page to not display until google ads is done. IE has a tendency to wait until all the ads have downloaded before showing the page. Other browsers, such as firefox, will still show the page and alow you to browse while the ads load.

I use Inernet Explorer, I've not used Firefox yet, heard it was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Never a better time to start:

www.getfirefox.com

and just to satisfy the weenies :)
    http://www.opera.com/

Advertisement