Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bad Guy

Options
  • 06-01-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Who do you think is the best bad guy in stargate?

id have to go with Anubis. Big black cloak, near impossible to beat super soldiers, scary bas***d!!

Also who would win between Anubis and the Ori? Id say Anubis' giant ship, the one that could destroy a couple of go'auld motherships in one go would be able for the Ori motherships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Yeah, they are pretty bad...

But have to say the Raith (not sure on spelling) are the coolest...

Did you see the last 2 pre-air episodes of the final season 5, downloaded them... they feckin excellent... shame Stargate Altantis has finished now, but looking forward to Stargate Universe!

Oh and off-topic...(slightly) the hottest crew member used to be Carter (well, I still hold a little torch for her) but the medic (can't remember her name) in Atlantis is hot and very cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

is there only 5 seasons to atlantis? are they finished now for good? im playing catch up with atlantis. seen most til bout midway season 3 then lost track on tv except the odd episode but waiting for the box sets of seasons 1-4 to be delivered now. think its jewel staite is the doc in atlantis.

Yep... 5 seasons and thats ya lot! I read (on Wikipedia) to round off and finish off Atlantis and merge into Stargate Universe there will be a feature length / movie(ish) 2 hours special sometime in Spring before universe starts sometime in sept / oct time.

But don't quote me on that, only Wikipedia reference.

You got a lot of catching up to do... best book a few days infront of the TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd have to say Ba'al.
    Cliff Simon looked like he really had fun playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Todd the Wraith. He remains a very compelling character. Not quite the apocalyptic kind of villain you had in the go'aould, but still up there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I always liked Kolya. More believable then a lot of enemies. Ba'al was also great, but in more of a 'mwahahaha, i'm evil' kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ste_burn

Replicator Carter pure evil and so hot

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ba'al was great as said because he seemed to be written to know that he was the stereotypical Bond-type villian and he lived up to it.

And Adria of course. Rawr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd have to say Ba'al.

That he did but i have to go with apophis.

watch the fist episode of SG1 - when the first jafa gets killed apophis expression is brillient. And in general when he talks about himself or speaks to his servents he is a god. i didnt like any of his deaths, all very demeaning. But he is the best charactor.

As for baal well even if the baal's are dead there legacy lives on the temeral device created in Contunium still exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

is there only 5 seasons to atlantis? are they finished now for good? im playing catch up with atlantis. seen most til bout midway season 3 then lost track on tv except the odd episode but waiting for the box sets of seasons 1-4 to be delivered now. think its jewel staite is the doc in atlantis.

Yes it is Jewel Staite. Speaking as a fan of the show, I'd advise you to stop watching after the end of Season 3. I sincerely wish I had ... (and I know someone else who did stop watching at the end of Season 3) If you want to know more, I'd be more than happy to regale you with the Reasons Why I Hate Seasons 4 And 5 Of Atlantis :D

My fav baddie in SG-1 was Ba'al, Cliff Simon played the part with effortless ease, and a twinkle in his eye that made him all the more threatening ...

In SGA I'd have to go with the Wraith when they were played by James Lafazanos - for similar reasons to Ba'al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ah sure go on - what did you hate about seasons 4 and 5 becsause although they where not blindlingly good there where good episodes in there.

I've watched them all and have to says its 50/50

Some episodes were a little ropey, while some were really good. Not much of an overall, underlaying storyline (apart from killing the wraith)

Have to say though that the final (yet to be aired) 19 and 20th episodes were excellent... search for pre-air episodes on the web ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd have to say Ba'al.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

User45701 wrote: »
    ah sure go on - what did you hate about seasons 4 and 5 becsause although they where not blindlingly good there where good episodes in there.

I will admit (and have done elsewhere) that there were some five star worthy episodes in there, but the vast majority of them weren't much cop, usually you get 5 great, 5 very good, 5 good and 5 take em or leave em episodes per season, with 4 and 5 were 2 great, the rest left me in tears of frustration... I'm compiling my List Of Reasons. I dare say it'll be controversial :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

What about the BAD human characters, agent simmons, and Senator Kinsey, there were quite good.

Regards alien BAD guys its gotta be ANUBIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rogers4815

Evil Asgard! :D

They really should have something more with them in Atlantis....
    Big super suits! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I...am...Anubis!

Anubis: This device will be implanted into your brain, your knowledge will be simply downloaded.
    Thor: The Gao'uld posess no such technology
    Anubis: I think you'll find a great many things have changed...since my return.

He's so badass! That's why he was the longest running supervillian!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I...am...Anubis!

Anubis: This device will be implanted into your brain, your knowledge will be simply downloaded.
    Thor: The Gao'uld posess no such technology
    Anubis: I think you'll find a great many things have changed...since my return.

He's so badass! That's why he was the longest running supervillian!

What?

No he wasn't.

Apophis is the longest running.
    And Apophis wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Apophis, hands down.

Anubis was ok I suppose, but a poor substitute for Apophis tbh.

What?

No he wasn't.

Apophis is the longest running.
    And Apophis wins.

Apophis, three and a bit years as the main villian.
    Anubis, four years as the main villian, so yea, assuming that everyone can do their math, Anubis was the longest running main villian

• Advertisement

Well if you want to get smart, Anubis didn't appear untill half way through season five, giving him only three and a half seasons.

Whereas Apophis continued to make appearances, all the way to Stargate Continuum.
    Also, if you want to count, Apophis has made 21 appearances in Stargate, despite the notable handicap of being dead.
    Whereas, Anubis has only made 11.

Well if you want to get smart, Anubis didn't appear untill half way through season five, giving him only three and a half seasons.

Whereas Apophis continued to make appearances, all the way to Stargate Continuum.
    Also, if you want to count, Apophis has made 21 appearances in Stargate, despite the notable handicap of being dead.
    Whereas, Anubis has only made 11.

but Anubis had Osiris and Zipacna working for him throughout season 5 (they clearly state that they are working for a new master and even the system lords are discussing crippling defeats at the hands of a mystery enemy), and later had Baal working for him in season 8. even though he doesn't make many apearances in these seasons, he is still the puppet master, pulling strings from the shadows.

you're going to count the years between Apophis' death and his short apearance when baal changes history? *facepalm* (was that ot also a death-scene?

Why not?

You're counting scenes in which Anubis' name was mentioned.

:rolleyes:you don't get it, do you? Zipacna and Osiris were working for Anubis, carrying out his orders, not just giving throwaway remarks. it's him acting through them.

and what does it matter how many episodes he was in? Anubis still had a longer timespan as the series main villian.

Because as I pointed out, they both had the same time at the top, but Apophis had more appearances.

they didn't have the same time at the top. Apophis was killed off in the second season and replaced by Sokar, then brought back in the second half of season three.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd consider Apophis the longest-running villain. Sure Anubis might have, in sheer concrete years, have had the longest span in power but a lot of that was behind the scenes, as a sort of menacing threat. Apophis had more on-screen time and personality and managed the feat of appearing after defeated - numerous times.

I think Apophis is the best of the villains still - Ba'al almost became too friendly in the later seasons to be truly bad although he's great fun to watch.

Ba'al became a total parody of himself.

That's even more fitting considering his clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd have to go with Anubis.. regardless of how many seasons he was in, come on - half ascended, half Gao'uld with access to Ancient tech, an army of super soldiers, and every system lord that crossed him ended up dead or his biatch! :D

Anubis wins!

For SGA though I'd have to say Todd, or maybe Kolya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Jimmy1bob wrote: »
    What about the BAD human characters, agent simmons, and Senator Kinsey, there were quite good.

Kinsey was cool too but it's Ronny Cox.. how could he NOT be good, he was in EVERYTHING in the 80s!! :)

Advertisement