Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bad Guy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Top 3 in order.

Anubis
    Sokar
    Osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DaithiOSe01

The Main Ori Priors were pretty bad.

Anubis would be the most badass of the Gou'ld.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ba'al did kinda get a bit silly towards the end, but even with that slide down he remained the best all round tv villain imo. in terms of real threat, an if-this-were-really-happening dealio.. i'd go with anubis... he's a scary bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

aposhis was an excellent bad guy, but then again he was only one fo many gou'ald, baal was funny, and anubus was good, but apohis just kicks ass, he just wouldnt die, thats SG-1

Atlantis, as rare as we saw him kolya was the best bad guy, he was there for the first mid-season 2 parter, and he was excellent, he probably came closest to actually seizing atlantis,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

don ramo wrote: »
    aposhis was an excellent bad guy, but then again he was only one fo many gou'ald, baal was funny, and anubus was good, but apohis just kicks ass, he just wouldnt die, thats SG-1

...except for when he DID die...Anubism on the other hand literally CAN'T die!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

...except for when he DID die...Anubism on the other hand literally CAN'T die!
    technically anubus is dead (hes acended), the only reason he cant die is cause the ancients wont interfere, him and oma desala will fight for eternity unless they do,

don ramo wrote: »
    technically anubus is dead (hes acended), the only reason he cant die is cause the ancients wont interfere, him and oma desala will fight for eternity unless they do,

yea he died, but he came back & is essentially immortal...i'm wondering. i know all Anubis can do is fight Oma back, but if he ever stops fighting her, can she kill him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, that's gotta get very boring for the both of them

i mean.. eternity.. jesus, you'd think they'd take a break every now and again for a quick shag

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

yeah, that's gotta get very boring for the both of them

i mean.. eternity.. jesus, you'd think they'd take a break every now and again for a quick shag

oh gawd no:eek: might end up with another son of Anubus if they dnt use protection:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pipee

My favourite baddie was Ba'al, ever since his first appearence he was such an evil, yet not one dimensional character like the vast majority of other stargate villains have been. He's funny, has an actor who obviously enjoys the role (who wouldnt?), and is really O'Neills arch nemesis once he appears. Zipacna was a really good once off villain in his first appearence i felt but after that his character didnt feel the same. I also really liked Yu as he seemed to be the most honourable of the system lords, and seemed to give a sense of you knew where you stood with him that is good in the odd foe.

I'm not a fan at all of Anubis, really he was just a way of bringing back Sokar after they had finally gotten rid of Apophis. Same actor, but even more gloomy and did nothing but stand/sit there and give orders. Sure he had a big ship and was all half ascended, but that was just to make up for the lack of character and when you really cant find anything to make a smart villain (like Apophis or Ba'al or Michael) then make him super powerful and in a place where the heroes never see him for 95% of his screen time. What a let down...

The idea of the wraith as a whole has always appealed to me as Atlantis's best threat. Michael never seemed to me the same threat that they did and while Todd was one of my favourite characters in the season, he always appealed to me as one of the good guys.

• Advertisement

Pipee wrote: »
    My favourite baddie was Ba'al, ever since his first appearence he was such an evil, yet not one dimensional character like the vast majority of other stargate villains have been. He's funny, has an actor who obviously enjoys the role (who wouldnt?), and is really O'Neills arch nemesis once he appears. Zipacna was a really good once off villain in his first appearence i felt but after that his character didnt feel the same. I also really liked Yu as he seemed to be the most honourable of the system lords, and seemed to give a sense of you knew where you stood with him that is good in the odd foe.

I'm not a fan at all of Anubis, really he was just a way of bringing back Sokar after they had finally gotten rid of Apophis. Same actor, but even more gloomy and did nothing but stand/sit there and give orders. Sure he had a big ship and was all half ascended, but that was just to make up for the lack of character and when you really cant find anything to make a smart villain (like Apophis or Ba'al or Michael) then make him super powerful and in a place where the heroes never see him for 95% of his screen time. What a let down...

The idea of the wraith as a whole has always appealed to me as Atlantis's best threat. Michael never seemed to me the same threat that they did and while Todd was one of my favourite characters in the season, he always appealed to me as one of the good guys.

i have to disagree with what you said about the wraith. they were truley great and scary for the first two seasons, but were quickly watered down. maybe it's because we just knew too much about them (60 or so little treaths isn't as bad as one big massive treath) or maybe it's because we started making deals with them and the introduction of wraiths as good guys (Todd) but they deffinatley lost something:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pipee

i have to disagree with what you said about the wraith. they were truley great and scary for the first two seasons, but were quickly watered down. maybe it's because we just knew too much about them (60 or so little treaths isn't as bad as one big massive treath) or maybe it's because we started making deals with them and the introduction of wraiths as good guys (Todd) but they deffinatley lost something:(

I'd agree with you there, what i was trying tio say was that Michael never made as much of an impact to me as the wraith did, and neither did the Asuarans, or the bad Asgard for their short lived appearence.
    You can agree or disagree, but while the wraith were the main threat, they were the most dangerous and interesting that atlantis has seen. I would also agree that the more you found out about them the less of a danger to the expedition they became, plus they got old and there came a time when a new baddie was needed to keep the show spicey.

Advertisement