Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

That's a bit uncalled for, especially since he was there with his girlfriend. And he did take a paycut.
    Sounds like Degsey who was at the gig so it could've been a lot worse!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

The man has no talent, is literally contemptuous towards his audience and waves his inflated salary and endless perks of the job in the face of his recession-hit listeners.

He has no place on the radio, yet they still listen.

You're absolutely right, with those qualifications he's much better suited to politics. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

The worst day I ever heard him was pancake Tuesday..eating a pancake while on the show making all these stupid noises...I hate G.Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

The worst day I ever heard him was pancake Tuesday..eating a pancake while on the show making all these stupid noises...I hate G.Ryan

oh man, lol, he really annoys some people with his seedy slurping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Doucheness personified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'd say if he read this thread he would be delighted at the amount of posters who obviously listen to him!

Whatever about us anonymously bitching about him on an internet forum, actually accosting him while out at a gig and telling him to take a pay cut is over the top.

Micilin Muc, did he react?

The eating, slurping, cheap innuendo, the deep breathing, "pervy" voice.... I honestly think it's to get people like you and me to cringe and listen more! It's like reading crap tabloids or riding mopeds, good craic, not very serious, but a bit embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

lightening wrote: »
    I'd say if he read this thread he would be delighted at the amount of posters who obviously listen to him!

Whatever about us anonymously bitching about him on an internet forum, actually accosting him while out at a gig and telling him to take a pay cut is over the top.

Micilin Muc, did he react?

I think he was smiling when your man told him he was fat, but his face dropped when he started telling him to take a pay cut. He was in an enclosed area in the old stand (VIP area probably) so there was a slim chance of a physical confrontation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

deadhead13 wrote: »
    I wonder is it a common occurrence.

I sincerely hope it is.
    The man is an obnoxious tub of blubber PAID FOR by the average man in the street.
    If we have to listen to him talking about **** all day the least he deserves is a bit of abuse in public.
    He's a scumbag,if he doesnt want negative attention he should shut his fat fcucking gob and go and live in the netherlands with his mate Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Just because I don't like the man's radio show, and I don't, it doesn't give me the right to shout abuse at him if I happen to bump into him. I just stopped listening to the show, problem solved.

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Just because I don't like the man's radio show, and I don't, it doesn't give me the right to shout abuse at him if I happen to bump into him. I just stopped listening to the show, problem solved.

No,thats not "problem solved".
    It goes far deeper than just his show..he's on television on and off for 20 years,he got 100 grand to write a book bragging about how much he likes the highlife.
    He uses these outlets to preach at people about how we should be in awe of people like him,how fianna fail are the salvation of the country and how property developers are the "merchant princes" of the country NOT the people who helped to ruin it.

He shouldnt be anytwhere near any form of media,he's a disgrace.he's unprofesional,he's unfunny,he's arrogant,he's a hypocrite,he's greedy,he's sleazy,he's egotistical and he's paid for out of the taxpayers pockets.

Enough is enough..this fat buffoon has exerted far too much of a malignant influence over the years and its time to get rid of him completely,a poster boy for a lifestyle thats gone down the tubes and a government that fcucked the country over to acheive it.

No wonder he's claims to be mates with bono..to arseholes cut from the same cloth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Degsy wrote: »
    It goes far deeper than just his show..he's on television on and off for 20 years,he got 100 grand to write a book bragging about how much he likes the highlife.
    He uses these outlets to preach at people about how we should be in awe of people like him,how fianna fail are the salvation of the country and how property developers are the "merchant princes" of the country NOT the people who helped to ruin it.

He shouldnt be anytwhere near any form of media,he's a disgrace.he's unprofesional,he's unfunny,he's arrogant,he's a hypocrite,he's greedy,he's sleazy,he's egotistical and he's paid for out of the taxpayers pockets.

Enough is enough..this fat buffoon has exerted far too much of a malignant influence over the years and its time to get rid of him completely,a poster boy for a lifestyle thats gone down the tubes and a government that fcucked the country over to acheive it.

No wonder he's claims to be mates with bono..to arseholes cut from the same cloth.

Maybe dont watch him on telly.....dont read the book.....would that help at all? I am not a fan either...I feel your pain

DT100 wrote: »
    Maybe dont watch him on telly.....dont read the book.....would that help at all? I am not a fan either...I feel your pain

Thats like saying If you dont like seeing heroin addicts all over the place close your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

My sentiments precisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

orourkeda wrote: »
    My sentiments precisely.

Agree completely with you. If i dont like somebody who works for tv3 and i see them in the street, shouting abuse at them is out of order as all i have to do if i dont like them is not watch them on tv and thats the end of it. The same doesn't apply with Gerry Ryan and Co as we are paying for their mega salaries with our tax and we dont have a choice about this, we simply have to accept it. So if i simply don't listen to GR on radio, i am still having to fund his salary and ridiculous lifestyle. If i ever see him on the street, the amount of abuse i have stockpiled for him will be unleashed and people will say i am bang out of order but i will have every right as the taxpayer who pays this guys salary to say whatever i want to him. The guy is a disgrace. BBC broadacasters on his salary have two, three times th listerners at least. And honestly, a monkey sitting in his time slot on 2fm could get the same amount of viewers, he desereves no credit for that.

Ah, feel much better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Yeah, and a Monkey would be better looking as well. He is a disgusting Troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

end of discussion,show should be replaced by music for GOds sake!
    We want the work day to move a wee bit quicker not drag listening to auld wans from the inner city and Gerry on half a mill telling them how he can relate to them,horsecrap!!!
    sling your hook ,ya muppet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

do rte get advrt fee for gerry promoting crosbies gigs ? heard him this am saying few seats left for lc.

do rte get advrt fee for gerry promoting crosbies gigs ? heard him this am saying few seats left for lc.

Probably not,its just that fool name dropping people who he feels we should be in awe of.
    In his crappy book he mentions Harry Crosbie about a thousand times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Deerc

Love the show to be honest. But jesus that shopping list competition is painful garbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Probably not,its just that fool name dropping people who he feels we should be in awe of.
    In his crappy book he mentions Harry Crosbie about a thousand times.

You read his book??

*Points and laughs*

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

In my opinion, Gerry Ryan is one of the only saving graces left on RTÉ 2fm. I enjoy his show, although he can be a bit w@nky at times.

Of course..uttery unputdownanble.

Mind you i didnt pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irish Murfman

Fair play ryans a fat greedy ****er...if he did take a pay cut it wasnt enuf dem pricks r getiing paid 2much & then we ave to listen 2dem on the radio all the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Fair play ryans a fat greedy ****er...if he did take a pay cut it wasnt enuf dem pricks r getiing paid 2much & then we ave to listen 2dem on the radio all the time!!!

Ok calm down...

If he wasn't on the radio then what would be be getting paid for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Look! Ryan is bad enough...with his smug "I'm all right jack" approach and his constant references to his kids and well heeled pals.

But that Bell Voiced bint Evelyn O'Rourke.....Jeeze what a fcukin ball breaker !

Up her own hole an lodged...as they say in Juan les Pins....is she going to be on now constantly for the Summer..??

That said she's not bad lookin...wouldn't mind throwin her a thick length of "knotty rope" if the oppertunity arose :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Ryan is Irelands Howard Stern.

Overpaid and hasn't been relevant or in touch with reality for at least the last 10 years.

Ryan is Irelands Howard Stern.

No he isnt..he's a piss-poor,watered down imitation of a poor-man's howard stern..he's a con-artist and a national disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Did anybody hear him this morning, there was a guy on who had an anxiety problem. He was basically telling Gerry about how this has effected his life and how much of a problem it is for him. Gerry then interrupted him to tell him that he knows what his problem is "you're gay aren't you?" says Gerry. "Eh No, definitely not Gerry" says your man. I pissed myself laughing, what a stupid arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Just turned it on for the first time in absolute years

Lasted 22 mins albeit the first 17 were the papers I decided that enough was enough when his first caller was a man who took a bat from an attack took it home gave him flies and bugs to eat and 14 years later needed to ring the Gerry Ryan Show to see if it was the right thing to do.

Honestly you couldnt make this stuff up

• Advertisement

Did anybody hear him this morning, there was a guy on who had an anxiety problem. He was basically telling Gerry about how this has effected his life and how much of a problem it is for him. Gerry then interrupted him to tell him that he knows what his problem is "you're gay aren't you?" says Gerry. "Eh No, definitely not Gerry" says your man. I pissed myself laughing, what a stupid arsehole.

The fat prick..surely that sort of behaviour is covered under Incitement To Hatred or whatever the legislation is.
    You wouldnt have somebody with a foreign accent ringing up for him to say "are you a paki or a nignog"?.
    The fat tool was accusing the bloke of being gay..wanker that he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement