Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Course she fookin' is , these people don't do this for nothing.

Your and my money pays for those acerbic observations we couldn't do without, and serves to promote these people as somehow being representative of the general public.

My greasy saggy bollox:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The fact is that its offensive..the format is a disgrace..a sleazy,overweight 50-something smug bastard either reading newspapers,slurping tea or trying to enveigle middle-aged women into talking about sex and all this in THE MORNING!
    You cant talk filth on TV untill after the 9 o'clock watershed so why is this sorry fool allowed to do so when most people are not long out of bed.
    And the idea that he's paid half amillion quid a year out of taxpayers money to do this would be laughable if it wasnt so disgracefull.
    And as for that brain-dead bint fiona looney..if i'd been within ten miles of teh studio when she said the other day "I'm just loving the randomness"..i swear by all thats holy i'd have murdered the pair of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

And the way he says 'want' really annoys me. listen out for it.
    Not really. I can't put the image of her 80's hair, square face and sharp little teeth out of my mind since seeing her on The Panel.

As for GR? Yesterday's man on yesterdays money. The Irish equivalent of Smashy and Nicey rolled into one morbidly-obese bag of superannuation.

An irrelevant fool only left on the air due to the complacency and stupidity of RTE senior management. Maybe his haemorrhaging listener figures will wake them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

*shrugs*

It seems when I explain that personal abuse won't be tolerated, people don't understand. So I'm just going to start banning people instead, it's a lot less hassle for me. DW, banned for one week. Degsy, banned for one week.

Imhof Tank wrote: »

Really? In the last few pages on this thread, there have been references to G being physically thick skinned, a hippo, having the physical girth of a Roman Colosseum, being morbidly obese and being a conceited tub of lard without any mod intervention, so don’t know how you can say presenter's appearance is not fair game in fairness??.

quite simply: presenters appearance is not fair game. easier to type than it is to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Gerry Ryan???? Is he even still on the radio :eek:. Presenters like him where the reason i didnt bother turning on the raido whilst driving anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

And the way he says 'want' really annoys me. listen out for it.

oh yea +1 thought it was just me.

why does he say ' WUNT' instead of want ????????????????

also,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iwanafiesta

ture, how anyone could listen to such an idiot is beyond me!!!! paid something like €600K+ a year, this is what we pay a Wireless Licence for !!!!!

ture, how anyone could listen to such an idiot is beyond me!!!! paid something like €600K+ a year, this is what we pay a Wireless Licence for !!!!!

there's no such thing as a wireless license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Turned over to Gerry this morning on the way to work and from what I could gather he was sympathizing with John O'Donohue.

I'm not a listener of his so was just wondering is he a big FF supporter or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Turned over to Gerry this morning on the way to work and from what I could gather he was sympathizing with John O'Donohue.

I'm not a listener of his so was just wondering is he a big FF supporter or something?

Gerry is indeed a rabid FF supporter,i believe he is a personal friend
    of Sean Haugheys and he used to while away his teenage years in Charlies mansion in Kinsealy

maybe just maybe thats why he got his big break on Radio 2 all those years ago:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Ha, yeah right!! Have you read this thread? :confused:

Does anyone know if Fiona is actually paid for her contribution?

hard to quantify that sort of contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I would say that he sees nothing wrong with getting paid a load of taxpayers money for doing bugger all. Infact, I'd say he feel entitled to it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iwanafiesta

tbh wrote: »
    there's no such thing as a wireless license.
    ya I know that but a TV licence covers Radio 1 also no???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Learn how to speak English, will ya....

No it dont, yayadayadyada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Reckon this thread should be merged with the If you could punch one person in the face... thread in After Hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why has everyone got it in for gerry ryan??

i think his radio show is great and easily the most entertaining at that time of day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ih8northsiders

because hes a fat heffner....LMAO get it heffner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

hilarious:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm fcukin crackin' up here:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

fryup wrote: »

i think his radio show is great and easily the most entertaining at that time of day

Should you not be in bed Gerry.........You've got a radio show in the morning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

fryup wrote: »

I like it too. Funny how so many here despise him yet admit to listening to his show, whats wrong is the dial stuck?

BTW his show is now sponsored I assume RTE are getting paid for that.

Everyone entitle to be critical of broadcasters but some of the comments here are so bitter and juvenile it's pathetic, The green eyed monster is obviously alive and well here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jaylynch1111

H e is over paid, most of them presenter are. Pat Kenny etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Muppet wrote: »
    I like it too. Funny how so many here despise him yet admit to listening to his show, whats wrong is the dial stuck?

exactly, well put

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

While I understand why you're making your point, you're disregarding the opinions of the many, many people forced every day to listen to someone else's chosen station, either as passengers in cars, taxis or buses, or as employees in a space where they have no control over the station being broadcast, such as factories, offices, shops etc. For these people, the dial is indeed stuck.

(in addition, regarding these complainants, I would take more heed of criticism from someone who had actually heard the show than from someone who was complaining but had not heard it.)

banned.

BTW his show is now sponsored I assume RTE are getting paid for that.

Everyone entitle to be critical of broadcasters but some of the comments here are so bitter and juvenile it's pathetic, The green eyed monster is obviously alive and well here.

He shouldnt be on the radio OR thw television..he's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

While I understand why you're making your point, you're disregarding the opinions of the many, many people forced every day to listen to someone else's chosen station, either as passengers in cars, taxis or buses, or as employees in a space where they have no control over the station being broadcast, such as factories, offices, shops etc. For these people, the dial is indeed stuck.

(in addition, regarding these complainants, I would take more heed of criticism from someone who had actually heard the show than from someone who was complaining but had not heard it.)

Thats suggests that people listen to the radio like they would a converstaion. Radio is not like that, it's just background noise really, If you don't like it switch off mentally even if the audio is still there. Males will have no problem doing this.:)

One line comments like the one below are pointless and do nothing other than insult the broadcaster. There may be grounds off air for such a comment but if it's based purly on his broadcasting skills it's blatently bull**** as he's a talented broadcaster.

Degsy wrote: »
    He shouldnt be on the radio OR thw television..he's a disgrace.

he's a talented broadcaster.

No he isnt..his only "talent" lies in talking about ****,screwing and farting like a juvenile teenager.
    On television he has even less talent as he stuffs his boatrace with food and slobbers spasticly when "interviewing" people.
    If this is what passes for talent this country is in a worse state than i previoulsy thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Thats suggests that people listen to the radio like they would a converstaion. Radio is not like that, it's just background noise really, If you don't like it switch off mentally even if the audio is still there. Males will have no problem doing this.:)

Not sure I agree with that. If a subject is raised in which you have an interest, you will not switch off mentally. If it is a subject that particularly incites you, then having it presented by an incompetent will only cause more stress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement