Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

I'm curious as to how you know this, have you contacted the show with complaints yourself?

I rang the show about 3 times in the past to get on air about different subjects. The researchers took my opinions and my phone number and advised me to stand by. As my opinion differed wildly from the presenters, I believe that he didn't want a "row" on air, so went for the safe option, a stream of callers supporting, cheering or sharing his viewpoint.
    Also sent in emails and texts, but to no avail.
    I know, I know, people will say that he gets hundreds of calls every minute and can't possibly put everyone on, but never ANY dissenting voices?????
    I remember Dunphy's radio show a couple of years ago when he promised to read out all corrospondance, no matter how critical - and he did!
    It was a refreshing breath of fresh air. A man who had respect for his audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Sheryl Gascoigne is on later this morning promoting her new book i wonder how long it will take for him to drag the conversation into the gutter?

Considering the relevations in her book it would be tough not to unless you want him to ignore the book and ask her about the weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Muppet wrote: »
    unless you want him to ignore the book and ask her about the weather.

He's more likely to ask her about her knickers..the clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

From what I've seen of her book, Ryan's is exactly the type of show she wants to go on. I'm sure she'll have no problem discussing her knickers or any part of her anatomy with him. Should be a pervfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

i hate gerry ryan! his voice is very very annoyingg

• Advertisement

Twilighter wrote: »
    i hate gerry ryan! his voice is very very annoyingg

He doesnt think so..he thinks his voice is amongst his greatest assets...sleazy AND deluded,eh?

Jesus, he's surpassed himself this morning.
    Some woman mailed in concerned that her daughter might have had a "Meeting" session with a group of friends at the local disco. This involves kissing aother boys.
    Gerry then said wait till she starts "Snowballing" and "Twigging" before she gets concerned.
    Well, I had to look this up.
    The fact that such terms just trip off his tongue in normal conversation is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

bilko1234 wrote: »
    This involves kissing aother boys.
    Gerry then said wait till she starts "Snowballing" and "Twigging" before she gets concerned.

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Did you not hear him sing about the monkey then with the callers...there was one about the Monkey doing his wee wee...:confused:

He has a gaggle of brown-nosers on the show now literally singing his praises whilst he patronises them in his most nauseating manner.
    He gets paid for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Degsy what would you actually do or say to him if you ever met him??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

"Mr. Ryan, I'm a big fan, could I have your autograph? And would you have any U2 tickets by any chance?" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Never miss your show jerry, my life would be so empty without it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Stand still while I reload, you p*ick?

right lads, getting closer to the line, so back on topic please.

Gerry Ryan SHOW, not Gerry Ryan the man. thanks.

"You wanna be a property developer?Have acouple of achers"
    *whoosh in the pods*

edit woops..just saw teebs post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

That garbologist has just admitted opening the mail for the house's previous resident. Is that a lie, or has he just confessed to quite a serious crime? And a pretty crappy one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Is that a lie, or has he just confessed to quite a serious crime?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

eightyfish wrote: »
    Really?

Nah, probably not. I'm just bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ceepeedee

I tune into Gerry's show the odd morning when I'm pottering around the house. On occasion I've found it entertaining, once I even found it compelling, but increasingly it's inane and downright annoying. But this morning I found fascinating for all the wrong reasons; he had three or four callers on the line at one time, and he was reciting the "monkey peeing" song and asked them to sing along. And every one of them did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭kryptyk500

Surely RTE could get rid of him and hire some new, better DJs. €600,000 could pay for a lot more talented and younger broadcasters. And we wouldn't have to endure anymore of his godawful television shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The ryan line is open

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he is off on one again

yes gerry we are all sitting here in our darkened rooms

typing our hate hate hate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

ceepeedee wrote: »
    , and he was reciting the "monkey peeing" song and asked them to sing along..

not again !!

he is off on one again

yes gerry we are all sitting here in our darkened rooms

typing our hate hate hate:D

As oppsed to slobbering into a microphone trying to get fat owl ones to talk about ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

ceepeedee wrote: »
    he had three or four callers on the line at one time, and he was reciting the "monkey peeing" song and asked them to sing along. And every one of them did.

That was priceless! Love the Gerry

boarddotie wrote: »
    That was priceless! Love the Gerry

One sane man in a world gone mad,eh?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Hi all (and the Mods too),

Im just wondering can we GRyan fans say anything on this forum or is it just for negative stuff? I know its called the Gerry Ryan Megathread so surely some positives should be allowed in too?

Just a simple request from a simple non-brown nosed, not an auld wan, non-cretenous geek type of gal :pac:

Im just wondering can we GRyan fans say anything on this forum or is it just for negative stuff? I know its called the Gerry Ryan Megathread so surely some positives should be allowed in too?

Just a simple request from a simple non-brown nosed, not an auld wan, non-cretenous geek type of gal :pac:

you can say whatever you like about Gerry, good or bad, as long as it's relevant to his radio show.

• Advertisement

As long as you can defend his habit of bringing sex, willies, masturbating and "Fallujahs" into every conversation, cause we can't get him on here to do it!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement