Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Degsy wrote: »
    I WAS too!!

What did i miss??

It was a sad sad sight.

They even brought up that Lavinia Kerwick again :rolleyes:

His kids were in the audience too.

He's his own worst enemy that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

jayze, when he went down to kiss ryans feet i thought he'd never make it back up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

OutlawPete wrote: »
    It was a sad sad sight.

They even brought up that Lavinia Kerwick again :rolleyes:

Ah yes..the case by which he became "absolutely convinced that..(he) was a significant figure".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

A few observations about Ryan on the late late last Friday night.
    Firstly I thought the guy was a crashing bore. He could say nothing interesting or funny. When "Turdidy" told him him that he was on the radio for over 20 years he just sat there with a silly smile on his face. It is clear the guy has no talent to speak of, but I also got the feeling that he is of average to low intelligence. ( and he earns over 500K) Secondly I thought his daughter in the audience insulted him when "Turd" asked her what he was really like. This was a chance of redemption for Ryan in most people's eyes. But what did she say? "With Gerry you get what you see". Oh my god!

Anyway that is just a few things off my chest.

Mod note: Next time you want to get some things off your chest - do it on a blog. that way, you get sued for slander, not boards :) thanks - first and only warning.

agree with post above.

at least with tubs and kenny, like them or loathe them i think they are above average intelligence and quick on-the-air thinkers.
    gerry is'nt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Supposedly Gerry was on this morning shilling for property again, saying there was no need for a banking inquiry and that there's never been a better time to buy. Funnily enough, he said the exact same thing 2 years ago:

http://quotesfromthebubble.blogspot.com/2009/03/gerry-ryan-rte-radio-presenter.html
    17 Feb 2008:

"Now is your time to go out and buy that house because they're never going to be cheaper. Never going to be cheaper."

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

jayze, when he went down to kiss ryans feet i thought he'd never make it back up.

He thinks he’s a comic genius.
    When Tubs asked him “How are your children?” he put on a baby pout and answered, “Well, they don’t talk to me anymore…."
    There was silence from the audience and silence from Tubs as he stared at Gerry, obviously surprised at this news.
    Gerry then bursts out guffawing in a very alarming manner, to further silence from the audience and an embarrassed squirming from Tubs. WTF was funny in that??????
    AM I MISSING SOMETHING??????

That was embarassing. I really think he believes himself to be talented. He tries to put on impersonations at times and is awful. Sure he never hears any accents outside of Dublin 4 and Harry Crosbie's. He must surely be the most untalented guy in RTE. And that is saying something considering the competition.

bilko1234 wrote: »
    He thinks he’s a comic genius.
    When Tubs asked him “How are your children?” he put on a baby pout and answered, “Well, they don’t talk to me anymore…."
    There was silence from the audience and silence from Tubs as he stared at Gerry, obviously surprised at this news.
    Gerry then bursts out guffawing in a very alarming manner, to further silence from the audience and an embarrassed squirming from Tubs. WTF was funny in that??????
    AM I MISSING SOMETHING??????

the fact that people seemed to think he was serious when he said the childer don't talk to him .... says alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This is my first time listening to Gerry ryan, and I am nearly in tears. Is it always this sad?

Could they not talk about osmething more cheery? Like the death of politicians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

syklops wrote: »
    This is my first time listening to Gerry ryan, and I am nearly in tears. Is it always this sad?

What is he talking about this morning - how property will never be cheaper, how Harry's a great guy, his latest weekend in New York, or his favourite sommelier?

P.

They were getting people whose dogs had died recently to call in and discuss their feelings. It was very sad. Good job it isn't Monday or I would be climbing out of the office window to jump off the ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

No matter how sad the subject matter, Gerry can turn the conversation round....round to the callers knickers and a description of said garment. Or something equally salacious.

eth0_ wrote: »
    No matter how sad the subject matter, Gerry can turn the conversation round....round to the callers knickers and a description of said garment. Or something equally salacious.

At 11 o'clock in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

They were getting people whose dogs had died recently to call in and discuss their feelings. It was very sad. Good job it isn't Monday or I would be climbing out of the office window to jump off the ledge.

He told one of the 1st callers a sob story about his alsation jet that died years ago.......an hour letter he told more or less the exact same story to another caller but this time jet was a labrador.

How is it no matter what anyone rings in about he allways turns the subject to himself & an experience he had!?! Its pretty obvious he's making half the **** up as he's going along....

At 11 o'clock in the morning?

Have you never listened to the Gerry Ryan show? :confused:
    He's notorious.

Have you never listened to the Gerry Ryan show? :confused:
    He's notorious.

No I havent. I stated so when I posted:
    syklops wrote:
    This is my first time listening to Gerry ryan...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He's notorious.

Notoriously untalented.

He is everything I hate in a person.The name is Gob****e. He will say anything just to be in the good books of the politicians/developers. His head is stuck so far up Bertie Ahern's arse it is sickening. He stands for nothing. He is untalented.He is stupid. He gets everything wrong.He abuses his position to bolster his rich friends. He is part of all that is rotten in this country.

No I havent. I stated so when I posted:

You're a very lucky person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You're a very lucky person!

I'll make your day.

it usually says "off"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was in the Kilester Shopping Centre there recently and I seen him walking in all flustered.

He went up to the shop at the back grumbling and skipping queues and then eventually came down to where I was getting stuff checked trough and asked my teller if she could break a €50 note for coins for the trolleys.

Now, it's not my local and I'm pretty sure it's his as it's a stone's throw from his house so it was funny to see that not one member of staff looked him in the eye.

It was almost as if they had dealings with him before.

Maybe not, but that's how it came across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Jesus did you hear the fella today ringing in about his dog dying.....6 months ago? poor chap was in bits crying.

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'll make your day.

it usually says "off"

????????? What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

He's off again, boasting about how his son became a very fine soccer player etc etc. Nauseating. His method of talking over people to express his godly opinion is awful stuff.He doesn't listen to people. Switching off now - for those wondering why I'm critisicising and listening at same time ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

He's off again, boasting about how his son became a very fine soccer player etc etc. Nauseating. His method of talking over people to express his godly opinion is awful stuff.He doesn't listen to people. Switching off now - for those wondering why I'm critisicising and listening at same time ;):p

He's having a go at beggars now. Much of it makes sense, as it happens, but the audience is ticking the usual idiot boxes. We've already had one "do-gooder" and two "bleeding hearts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

He did it again this morning some disgruntled father rang in to say how his beloved son was more or less told he was'nt good enough to train with the local football team etc....when once again Bubble Lips spoke over the caller to tell him & the rest of the listeners how great of a soccer player his son was ffs..... Gerry you know feck all about football & your son knows less.

And to that father get your head down out of the clouds you clown, that poor coach was trying to tell you in a nice way that your son was'nt interested in football & it was showing in his training, instead of pushing him out to something he is'nt interested in try finding something he is interested in besides bitching about it to Bubble Lips on the radio.

had to laugh....gerry saying that his no one sport is rugby..............no offence but just because you've heard your, loike rich south dub friends, loike get the dort to a match doesnt make you part of the gang.

i thought his no sport was atein'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

It's funny how guys log into this thread to tell us all how awful they think the show/presenter is! Whats funny is that they appear to listen to the show and then rush here to say how dreadful they think the show or the presenter is!

If they think its so dreadful, why do they listen to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

It's funny how guys log into this thread to tell us all how awful they think the show/presenter is! Whats funny is that they appear to listen to the show and then rush here to say how dreadful they think the show or the presenter is!

If they think its so dreadful, why do they listen to it?

That's a point people make very frequently, and I never understand it. Do you genuinely not see any contradiction in what you're doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement