Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If they think its so dreadful, why do they listen to it?

Because they shouldnt have to..this shiite shouldnt be on the airwaves and this untalented,undeducated tool shouldnt be earing 600 grand to talk about ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Degsy wrote: »
    earning 600 grand to talk about ****.
    Dream job! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Because they shouldnt have to..this shiite shouldnt be on the airwaves and this untalented,undeducated tool shouldnt be earing 600 grand to talk about ****

Well said! If we are paying his wages we should have a say surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

That's a point people make very frequently, and I never understand it. Do you genuinely not see any contradiction in what you're doing?

Of course we are all full of contradictions, but being full of contradictions doesn't force anyone to listen to a radio show which they don't like.

I wonder why someone chooses to listen to to a show that they say they don't like, and then come to a message boards to tell everyone how much they don't like it, all the while choosing to continue listening to it.

Do you think it might be that their dislike of the show is less than their apparant like of posting here their views how much they dislike it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Of course we are all full of contradictions, but being full of contradictions doesn't force anyone to listen to a radio show which they don't like.

Well, that's very sweet, but it's not the point I was making. Maybe I can make it clear by tweaking your post slightly.
    I wonder why someone chooses to read a thread that they say they don't like, and then come to a message boards to tell everyone how much they don't like it, all the while choosing to continue reading it.

Do you think it might be that their dislike of the thread is less than their apparant like of posting here their views how much they dislike it?
    Do you see what I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wonder why someone chooses to listen to to a show that they say they don't like, and then come to a message boards to tell everyone how much they don't like it, all the while choosing to continue listening to it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have no choice but to listen to Gerry Ryan, Joe Duffy et al, because the radio is on in their workplace.

I have been in this hellish situation more than once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

It's funny how guys log into this thread to tell us all how awful they think the show/presenter is! Whats funny is that they appear to listen to the show and then rush here to say how dreadful they think the show or the presenter is!

If they think its so dreadful, why do they listen to it?

Because it's like looking at a car crash or a knickerless girl lying unconcious on the floor of a DART carriage.
    You know you should look away but you just can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Well, that's very sweet, but it's not the point I was making. Maybe I can make it clear by tweaking your post slightly.
    I wonder why someone chooses to read a thread that they say they don't like, and then come to a message boards to tell everyone how much they don't like it, all the while choosing to continue reading it.

Do you think it might be that their dislike of the thread is less than their apparant like of posting here their views how much they dislike it?
    Do you see what I mean?

I'm not really into pop psychology myself so really have no idea. Who has said they don't like this thread? I've read some posts here and see lots of posts by guys criticising Gerry ryan, but who still continue to listen to him, but can't see any posts where someone says they don't like this thread. Can you quote the person you are referring to?

Because it's like looking at a car crash or a knickerless girl lying unconcious on the floor of a DART carriage.

I don't agree. If the knickerless gril or the car crash happened for 3 hours every day of the week, I imagine the novelty value of it might wear off. While Gerry Ryan may have some novelty value for novices, once you've herard his show it loses the novelty factor.

I'm not commenting on whether his show is good or bad, but I observe that it's unusual for guys to listen to the show and then rush here to tell everyone else how dreadful it is! If it's so dreadful , why do they listen to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

i flick between ads on other station programmes.

mostly in the hope of hearing something interesting on our national station. sometimes i do, i mean if enough muck is thrown at a wall then some if it will stick, but in between a few good interviews theres a lot of muck.

anyways that my honest reason. btw i used to be a big gerry fan when growing up but cant believe he's not moved on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

but I observe that it's unusual for guys to listen to the show and then rush here to tell everyone else how dreadful it is! If it's so dreadful , why do they listen to it?

Started a thread, unsuccessfully, on this ages back.

He's a hate sponge. He provides a valuable outlet for ire.

Obvious punning opportunity declined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

but I observe that it's unusual for guys to listen to the show and then rush here to tell everyone else how dreadful it is! If it's so dreadful , why do they listen to it?

I dont know about you but alot of us on here are actually paying that gob****es wages which is apparently 600 grand a year, we're more than entitled to listen to him & bitch about him afterwards!

I don't agree. If the knickerless girl or the car crash happened for 3 hours every day of the week, I imagine the novelty value of it might wear off.

Wrong!
    You can never get enough of car crashes and knickerless, unconcious young wans.:cool:

But seriously, there is an attraction in tuning in to see what garbage he spouts next.
    Like that idiotic comment he came out with about his imaginary dog Jet.
    That stuff's gold.
    Why do you think this thread's so great?
    It's full of classic Ryanisms.

His book's the same.
    Degsy was posting quotes from it some time back.
    He sounds so ridiculously pompous and up his own arse that I now feel compelled to read it.
    Just to see how insane it actually gets.

He's the radio equivalent of car-crash TV.
    His brief is to host lively discussions on interesting discussion matter.
    Instead he engages in a ridiculously transparent (yet somewhat hilarious) exercise in self ego massaging.

He's become like a caricature of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've listened to him about three times in the past 20 years on a passing swipe of the FM band.

Two out of the three times he's actually used the word fuck on air during his school-run slot (Jusef Islam gig and the Dublin Diocese report). Ohhh, controversial, go on, say another rude word...

I find him particularly odious and boring...and that from a Jeremy Kyle fan.

I'm not really into pop psychology myself so really have no idea. Who has said they don't like this thread? I've read some posts here and see lots of posts by guys criticising Gerry ryan, but who still continue to listen to him, but can't see any posts where someone says they don't like this thread. Can you quote the person you are referring to?

You good at argue! Me retire hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

This thread is the only good thing that will become of the name "Gerry Ryan"

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

I agree with you but I think that sexist comment is for G Ryan and his ilk and should not have a place on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Iolar wrote: »
    If you all hate Gerry Ryan so much why do you talk so much about him?

It's a religious thing. Every four years we pick a harmless unsuspecting broadcaster to kvetch about. Come the fourth Eve of Michaelmas, however, our taunting takes a vicious turn. Torn from his cubicle, trailing headphone flex and microphone cable, the hapless pundit is encased in a giant wicker communications mast, and burned alive on the front lawn in Montrose. Chanting and vestments are optional.

You bain't from these parts, be you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

he was saying you cant turn off the beckett bridge to go to the 02.
    thats the 02 hear ye. the 02 cant be access from the bridge.

you've gotta hand it to him. this is a 3 hr free advert for his buddy.

The o2 was shown on his tv program aswell ,backstage this and vip that ,all in the name of publicity.

If crosbie is such an inconspicous rich person ,why does he need the biggest mouth in dublin to talk about him.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Louis Walsh is such an odious cretin. He lists five people the "media" have it in for. All of them are TV presenters. Who does he think the media are?

His example of a good media outlet? Heat magazine. You know, the one that tortures teenage starlets about having armpit hair, or being an ounce over or under the editor's idea of the ideal weight.

I hope Louis doesn't tell him JFK's dead. The poor guy will have a heart attack.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    The o2 was shown on his tv program aswell ,backstage this and vip that ,all in the name of publicity.

If crosbie is such an inconspicous rich person ,why does he need the biggest mouth in dublin to talk about him.:rolleyes:

It would appear Old Baggy Throat Ryan has an interest in the O2 as well..he's not just talking up the Godlike Crosbie,he's actually advertising on behalf of himself.
    If you read Ryan's book..pretty much the only thing he says about his dear,dear friend is that if he gives you investment advice you take it..not really the most heartfelt expression of friendship i've ever read.
    I wish some rag would expose the pig and his business interests,he's using the national broadcaster to indulge in free advertising for himself and his cronies.

It would appear Old Baggy Throat Ryan has an interest in the O2 as well..he's not just talking up the Godlike Crosbie,he's actually advertising on behalf of himself.
    If you read Ryan's book..pretty much the only thing he says about his dear,dear friend is that if he gives you investment advice you take it..not really the most heartfelt expression of friendship i've ever read.
    I wish some rag would expose the pig and his business interests,he's using the national broadcaster to indulge in free advertising for himself and his cronies.

I should apologise then ,didn't realise that was the case. Surely thats illegal on ryan's part:confused:

I should apologise then ,didn't realise that was the case. Surely thats illegal on ryan's part:confused:

His fcucking show should be illegal under the geneva convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

According to the Phoenix yesterday, Gerry Ryan is the backup plan to take over hosting the new RTE Saturday night chat show if Brendan O'Connor makes a balls of it (he only has an 8 week trial period). Talk about Sophie's choice.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    According to the Phoenix yesterday, Gerry Ryan is the backup plan to take over hosting the new RTE Saturday night chat show when Brendan O'Connor makes a balls of it (he only has an 8 week trial period). Talk about Sophie's choice.

P.
    FYP:cool:

http://www.developer.ie/?p=28

Here's a story about his new Chip shop or something..it was supposed to open last year but i dunno if it has.
    Either way,its a Harry Crosbie development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

http://www.developer.ie/?p=28

Here's a story about his new Chip shop or something..it was supposed to open last year but i dunno if it has.
    Either way,its a Harry Crosbie development.

Oh no, when it opens, he'll have a taster event on his programme...'nom nom... lovely batter.....schlurp schlurp..... mushy peas....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Iolar wrote: »
    If you all hate Gerry Ryan so much why do you talk so much about him?[/
    QUOTE]

BECAUSE WE PAY HIS WAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement