Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

oceanclub wrote: »
    According to the Phoenix yesterday, Gerry Ryan is the backup plan to take over hosting the new RTE Saturday night chat show if Brendan O'Connor makes a balls of it (he only has an 8 week trial period). Talk about Sophie's choice.

P.

Ahh FFS. Ryan tub-of-sh1te on Friday, Pervy Ryan on Sat.

Cathal Goan can Goan Fcuk-off next time he looks for license fee off me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Has anyone ever sent a link to this thread to the Ryan Show's e-mail address?

Hmmm, I have a cunning plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maserati23

I agree. Anybody whom does subscribe to this thread shoud peruse the various pages and you will see what a cretin himself, fiona Looney and the rest of his mates on the freeloader bandgwagon.

His mates , Loius Walsh, the O2, (he has a vested interest) free tickets also.

Harry crosby free advertising = free tickets for Gerry and his mates.

Note to mention the compulsary U2 track each morning.

Or his mates in the Star and the Mail. One big happy merrygoround (leech)

For the Goon that is Gerry Ryan.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Maserati23 wrote: »
    I agree. Anybody whom does subscribe to this thread shoud peruse the various pages and you will see what a cretin himself, fiona Looney and the rest of his mates on the freeloader bandgwagon.

His mates , Loius Walsh, the O2, (he has a vested interest) free tickets also.

Harry crosby free advertising = free tickets for Gerry and his mates.

Note to mention the compulsary U2 track each morning.

Or his mates in the Star and the Mail. One big happy merrygoround (leech)

For the Goon that is Gerry Ryan.:D

Dont forget Shannahans on the Green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Is it a record? Gerry Ryan has been on air now for more than an hour today and we don't have anyone rushing here to say that they listed to his show and its dreadful, and he is dreadful , and only morons listen to the show etc etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Is it a record? Gerry Ryan has been on air now for more than an hour today and we don't have anyone rushing here to say that they listed to his show and its dreadful, and he is dreadful , and only morons listen to the show etc etc?

I listened to his show and it is dreadful, and he is dreadful, and only morons listen to his show. Happy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Rookster wrote: »
    Iolar wrote: »
    QUOTE]

BECAUSE WE PAY HIS WAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No we don't.. You should really look into such baseless claims before making them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

The Muppit wrote: »

No we don't.. You should really look into such baseless claims before making them.

I think we've been through this before, and I hope I can summarise it right.

RTE's major sources of revenue are the licence fee and advertising. It all goes into their common budget. From that budget they pay everyone who works there, whether a freelancer or an employee, and whether they are paid directly or through a corporation or other route.

So everyone who buys a licence is contributing to the salary of everyone who works for RTE. If that's the case it makes sense to criticise shows, rather than only reach for the off-switch.

I think we've been through this before, and I hope I can summarise it right.

RTE's major sources of revenue are the licence fee and advertising. It all goes into their common budget. From that budget they pay everyone who works there, whether a freelancer or an employee, and whether they are paid directly or through a corporation or other route.

So everyone who buys a licence is contributing to the salary of everyone who works for RTE. If that's the case it makes sense to criticise shows, rather than only reach for the off-switch.

There is no licence fee for radio. Get rid of your T.V.and you'll not need a licence. You'll still be able to have a radio.

QED

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

RTE publish the "stars" salaries each year in the form of the document linked below. It states for contractors, which is what Gerry Ryan is, "the amount shown represents the payments made by RTE to the contractor during the relevant period for presenters services". So Ryan's company, Balcom Management Ltd, is paid for work done on The Gerry Ryan Show, Operation Transformation and Ryan Confidental is paid by "RTE". He is not paid separately by "2fm" for his radio show. Over 50% of RTE's budget comes from the licence fee. So I don't think it is a baseless claim.

http://www.rte.ie/about/top10payments_2004.pdf

And given what has happened to advertising revenue, I would have my doubts as to what extent 2fm is making a profit.

deadhead13 wrote: »

RTE publish the "stars" salaries each year in the form of the document linked below. It states for contractors, which is what Gerry Ryan is, "the amount shown represents the payments made by RTE to the contractor during the relevant period for presenters services". So Ryan's company, Balcom Management Ltd, is paid for work done on The Gerry Ryan Show, Operation Transformation and Ryan Confidental is paid by "RTE". He is not paid separately by "2fm" for his radio show. Over 50% of RTE's budget comes from the licence fee. So I don't think it is a baseless claim.

http://www.rte.ie/about/top10payments_2004.pdf

And given what has happened to advertising revenue, I would have my doubts as to what extent 2fm is making a profit.

Lets stick to the facts rather than your own personal interpreation of them.

I'll say it again. The Licence fee is a tax on owing a TV. It has absolutly nothing to do with Radio. This is the Radio Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

There is no licence fee for radio. Get rid of your T.V.and you'll not need a licence. You'll still be able to have a radio.

All of this is true, but it does not alter the fact that licence payers are contributing to the cost of every RTE programme, radio or not.

Lets stick to the facts rather than your own personal interpreation of them.

I'll say it again. The Licence fee is a tax on owing a TV. It has absolutly nothing to do with Radio. This is the Radio Forum.

Who pays Gerry Ryan?

Who pays Gerry Ryan?

How much of The TV licence (tax payers money) is paid to him or 2 fm?

How much of The TV licence (tax payers money) is paid to him or 2 fm?

Read the document, it clearly says his company is paid by RTE.

Read the document, it clearly says his company is paid by RTE.

Who's arguing that he's not paid by RTE ? I'm saying it's not licence fee. RTE generates %50 of their own income, part of that pays for 2fm..

Who's arguing that he's not paid by RTE ? I'm saying it's not licence fee.

Ok, take away over 50% of RTE's overall budget, would they still pay him the same amount then? No.

How would I know, I live the real world.

Poly wrote: »
    Cathal Goan can Goan Fcuk-off next time he looks for license fee off me.

we've heard all the excuses

(maybe not so eloquently put, but we've heard 'em all)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Who's arguing that he's not paid by RTE ? I'm saying it's not licence fee. RTE generates %50 of their own income, part of that pays for 2fm..

The taxpayers of this country pay the gob****es wages, end of story....no need to get all technical about it Muppit.

How would I know, I live the real world.

In the "real world", RTE's advertising revenue dropped by a 1/3. the first of their "stars" whose contact was up for renewal was Pat Kenny. His salary was reduced by a 1/3. So I think it is a fairly safe assumption to make, if the licence fee was abolished, or reduced, the amount Gerry Ryan is paid would be significantly slashed. So there is a clear relationship between the licence fee and the amount Ryan is paid.

airhorn wrote: »
    The taxpayers of this country pay the gob****es wages, end of story....no need to get all technical about it Muppit.

Ah right so, sorry for bringing factuality into the discussion, I should have know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Ah right so, sorry for bringing factality into the discussion, I should have know better.

No problem.

I should have know better.

Why, because people disagreed with you?

Why, because people disagreed with you?

Selectively quoting out of context is never clever.

Selectively quoting out of context is clever.

i know what ya mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Lads... please chill a little

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anyone listening? Jim Corr is BATS :pac:

You can hear the cynicism in Gerry's voice!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You can hear the fatness in Gerry's voice!

FYP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement