Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A few pics methinks
    2303_gerryryan_staf_298923t.jpg2210_gerry_h_211808t.jpg
    rtub_indo_324585t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Like a susage rolled in bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Bacon up that sausage.

Butter up that bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Degsy wrote: »
    A few pics methinks
    2303_gerryryan_staf_298923t.jpg2210_gerry_h_211808t.jpg
    rtub_indo_324585t.jpg

billy-bunter-0011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

gerry_ryan_011.jpg

• Advertisement

The likeness is uncanny
    2008-10-gerry-ryan.jpg

Not long after Gordon ramsey pulled the plug on his poxy interview..old fatpuss had to go cap in hand to Marco Pierre White
    2608_Gerry_H_199991t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

I think we could really do with an aul quote from the buke (even a tiny snippet). And as Degsy has the only copy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

bilko1234 wrote: »
    I think we could really do with an aul quote from the buke (even a tiny snippet). And as Degsy has the only copy....

Degsy sure comes over as if he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder....

Degsy sure comes over as if he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder....

If there were any chips on my shouder Gerry would have eaten them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

If there were any chips on my shouder Gerry would have eaten them.

yes, there it is again. I feel sad for you that you shoudl be so obsessed with gerry ryan, and so determined just to hurl abuse like a fishwife. I'll leave you to this thread, and leave you to continue to demonstrate your chippiness.

bilko1234 wrote: »

Okay..you asked for it.

I'm gonna keep it brief but its still a gem.

"I appeal to women because i know how to speak to them."

:eek:

I'll leave you to this thread

Thats very magnanmous of you..dont hit the door with your arse on the way out.

The man who brooks no criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

What I really don't get is why, if they hate his show so much, they not only continue to listen to it but continue to comment on it here. I really don;t buy the old I-am-at-work-and-forced-to-listen-to-his-show-against-my-will argument, and even if that might be true in one or two cases, it's apparant what most of these posters seem to take pleasure from is the rushing here to tell everyone else how dreadful they think it all is, a pleasure which would be denied them if they didn't listen to the show they say they hate.

It all seems never ending, and I'll bet when I check in here in 6 months time, there will be the same people expressing the same schadenfreude about how dreadful it is.

Buit you don't check in every six months, Cunsiderthis, you check in every ten minutes and bang the same drum. What is it that makes you think you haven't made your point clearly enough? Why can't you move on?

I think the most potent indication of GR's public appeal, at least around here, is that not even the people defending him have one good thing to say about the show.

heres another one from Herr Ryan

"Fascist thinking has a place,if its used for the betterment of society"

boarddotie wrote: »
    You're joking arent you? Any bit of positive feedback that people leave on here is usually met with a 'hello Gerry' or 'that must be a member of his family' remark.

Yes, I agree with you on this. It's one of the more tedious of the standard internet responses. It's the "Yore ma" of satire.
    boarddotie wrote: »
    You people who dont love his show just sit in here and fester together.

Now that's just rude.

heres another one from Herr Ryan

"Fascist thinking has a place,if its used for the betterment of society"

That's hilarious. What was the context for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Thats very magnanmous of you..dont hit the door with your arse on the way out.

Good one! I thought he'd never go....

I have to say Rick O'Shea was a breath of fresh air today.

That's hilarious. What was the context for that?

no idea lifted it from a review i did not bother shelling out a €1 in the pound shop like Degsy did

no idea lifted it from a review i did not bother shelling out a €1 in the pound shop like Degsy did

I think Degsy has single-handedly driven the cost of the book back up. I am certainly looking out for a copy. If anyone sees any cheap ones around Dublin city centre, I'd be grateful for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Theres a lot of triangulation going on here, and it's being effective every time.

Go on Degsy give us another quote form the book, it's still so fresh and witty.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

There is something seriously wrong with this country if there is a mega thread on about Gerry Ryan and his life and people give this man 100s of pages of stuff about him.

My god.

mysterious wrote: »
    There is something seriously wrong with this country if there is a mega thread on about Gerry Ryan and his life and people give this man 100s of pages of stuff about him.

You're so right, mysterious. I was about to come up with a cure for cancer today, and I swore I'd remember it, but by the time I finished posting on this thread it had completely left my mind.

Honestly, it reminds me of the whole tuberculosis/camogie debacle that ruined my 2002.

Did anyone catch whether the substitute guy is on again tomorrow?
    My god.

Too right. I wouldn't take this rubbish if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I think Degsy has single-handedly driven the cost of the book back up. I am certainly looking out for a copy. If anyone sees any cheap ones around Dublin city centre, I'd be grateful for the tip.

My God!! Now you have it...........He is Mr G Ryan!! All this while, worming his way into our affections with his witty banter and choice quotes, just to get us to go out to the second hand book stores, root through the bin labelled "Other Crap" for his book, its almost like insider trading!!....How easily we were fooled by this totally non G Ryan way of using sarcasm and wit to, dare I say it, ENTERTAIN US! How totally alien a concept for Mr G Ryan!!

G Ryan / Degsy...I salute you, declare the war over and shall tune in post haste to glorify in your musings. And pray tell, kind sir, when that fair maiden, Ms F Looney is on again with you good self??

Im sure Gerry will be back tomorrow when he recovers from one of his many mystery "illnesses"

Gerry_Ryan.jpg

My god.

Is it only now you realised the country is fcked?

Im sure Gerry will be back tomorrow when he recovers from one of his many mystery "illnesses"

Gerry_Ryan.jpg

Yeah the pupils in his eyes are very big in that photo allright.......grinding the auld teeth too.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

airhorn wrote: »
    Yeah the pupils in his eys are very big in that photo allright.......grinding the auld Ryan gnashers too.
    :rolleyes:

fyp

If you're bored and haven't heard this before then download track 14 for a listen.
    You won't be disappointed.

http://ie.7digital.com/artists/mario-rosenstock/gift-grub-4/

Nice mention for Dav and boards.ie this morning from Rick

great stand in well done

• Advertisement

Rick seems to be doing a great job presenting that show, very down to earth with decent enough topics being discussed.

Btw what did he say about the boards Sept & forgive my ignorance but who is Dav?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement