Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

he's probably afraid somebody would do the same to him. god forbid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

damselnat wrote: »
    Slightky off topic, I'm actually with Kenny on this one...

Me too. First time I've heard Kenny sound interested and animated in a long time. Genuinely stuck it to The TD in question, and made him sound like a stuffy old out-of-touch Brigadier General.
    he's probably afraid somebody would do the same to him. god forbid.

Well, when asked that question by the TD, he said (with an air of credibility) that he genuinely hoped that his family would take it in good humour, and that he certainly would find it funny, and would buy it to put in his jacks!

I switched to 2fm immediately after the story finished, and heard "G" Ryan laconically asking a woman what she wore under her pyjamas.

While Kenny defies stereotyping, Ryan defies credulity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

2fivers wrote: »

Well, when asked that question by the TD, he said (with an air of credibility) that he genuinely hoped that his family would take it in good humour, and that he certainly would find it funny, and would buy it to put in his jacks!

sorry i should have said i was talking about Gerry being afraid someone would do him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

i am sick to the teeth of blatent pro Fianna Fail bull**** he goes on with every day:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

sorry i should have said i was talking about Gerry being afraid someone would do him.

Now I get it.

Duh. Sorry. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

As a rule, Gerry always sides with the media in general, and RTE especially, in any controversy – constant references to “compelling” stories when reviewing the papers etc.

This naked portraits issue – and Fianna Fail’s calls for Cathal Goan’s resignation - is the first time I think I have ever heard him be critical of RTE.

Obviously revenge against Goan for forcing the paycut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Perhaps, but as ibarelycare pointed out it is completely hypocritical of G.Ryan to take that stance given how Brian Cowen is protrayed on Nob Nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

He was also all laughs about the incident the following day because Nob Nation covered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

Who is sitting in for Gerry this morning? I missed the start of the show and where is Gerry today?

At an interview for a recently-opened position in RTE? :eek:

EDIT: Oh and the person sitting in is someone called Eoin Sweeney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

There's a great ding-dong going on right now between David Norris and some Meath councillor (who wants Trinity to sell the Book of Kells and give the money to the state). Great radio!

"That nasty little muck savage" etc. - total hoot.

I thought it was an April Fools day prank for a moment, but I think it's serious.

Actually, the more I listen, I think it *is* an April Fool...a bloody good one if it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

He mentions Harry Crosbie so often I'd swear they are lovers. Does Gerry take it up the a'ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

It IS an April fools joke.
    It's just not funny, that's why you think it's serious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Listening to the podcast, the Steve Conway interview was good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

I was listening too, it was hillarious! It was a convincing joke if it was one.

This morning Gerry & Evelyn had kids ringing in to tell them who their heroes were. When they'd spoken to all the callers Evelyn read out a list of heroes that she had (not sure if she wrote it herself or what, was only half-listening to that bit) and one of them on the list was Kate Moss.

Gerry said "Kate Moss is looking dreadful lately, she should have just stayed on drugs. Ever since she came off them she's looked like crap"

Que a few seconds silence then "I'm not saying you should do drugs kids.....maybe Kate Moss is an alien..." :confused: *adbreak*

Smooth!

Apparently, our favourite radio presenter is now odds on to take over the soon to be vacated "Late Late Show" slot.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Apparently, our favourite radio presenter is now odds on to take over the soon to be vacated "Late Late Show" slot.:(

so the countries Friday and Saturday night TV entertainment will both be marshalled by two rabid supporters of "the party",its like soviet russia:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

Gerry is odds on for the late late. The great man Ryan decided to remove his name, if Gerry gets that gig they better have a good first sub I have never seen a man be off so often due to illnessf

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

aassddff wrote: »
    Gerry is odds on for the late late. The great man Ryan decided to remove his name, if Gerry gets that gig they better have a good first sub I have never seen a man be off so often due to illnessf

More like self-inflicted illness though over-indulgence in fine cuisine and alcoholic beverages the night before methinks.

BTW G Ryan will NOT get the "big gig", it will be Miriam O' Callaghan who's husband was recently made Head of TV at RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I would watch Gerry Ryan if he got the Late Late Show. If anything to see what he does, what he says and I sort of like cringing.

I'd say he would pull a big audience. He's not a looker though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I hope Miriam O'Callaghan is not going to host the Late Late,I find her very boreing with a very annoying voice.

According to the Sunday Indo........

Gerry Ryan has been "very keen" to secure the position and has been in negotiations for the past fortnight with RTE."

Be afraid.....Be very afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Prophet

The first episode of the autumn LLShow schedule leaked:

"
    Join new Late Late Show host Gerry Ryan and his guests Brenda Donoghue, Fiona Looney, and Harry Crosbie as they discuss granny knickers, sommelier services, and rasher sandwiches. Featuring performances from Richie Kavanagh and Westlife.
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

This can not be true, surely?

The first episode of the autumn LLShow schedule leaked:

"
    Join new Late Late Show host Gerry Ryan and his guests Brenda Donoghue, Fiona Looney, and Harry Crosbie as they discuss granny knickers, sommelier services, and rasher sandwiches. Featuring performances from Richie Kavanagh and Westlife.
    "
    What about the part after the first break, the return of Terence the hairdresser (cue John Creedon)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

..or the bit which appears to be a 35 minute advertisement for a Disney theme park masquerading as a viewers competition; an interview with a female comedian (if no female comedians are available, Katherine Lynch will do) which revolves less around their comedy experience and more around an in-depth questionnaire on what lingerie they wear; and an interview with an expert on Gerry's favourite Wine or cigars, or any items which the vast majority of the audience would have to sell their cars to afford.

Musical finale by whoever Louis Walsh happens to be foisting on us today.

:D Maybe some close up shots of grease rolling down Gerry's chin as he rams some Foie gras in to his mouth while trying to talk at the same time?

And the mug of tea or coffee instead of the glass of water so he can make the usual gulps and aaahhhhs!

• Advertisement

deadhead13 wrote: »
    This can not be true, surely?

Nah, taking the plss.. Ryan ALWAYS has those guests on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement