Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D!ckheads in the cinema

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Jumpy wrote: »

That's me sorted for my next movie outing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Have you ever heard Americans in the cinemas with their cheering and clapping. If you have the Sin City deluxe edition DVD stick on the Commentary which is just the noise of the audience, every actors name mentioned gets a cheer, even the movie studio logos. It's quite sad.

Yeah went to see Spider-man 2 in a cinema in America and they were cheering through certain scenes and gave it a standing ovation in the end.

Scumbags do seem to be becoming a regular problem. But the only time I have ever seen something done about it was a few years ago in the cinema in Kilkenny, a couple of teenagers were just being loud and annoying and a guy went and got a member of the staff who actually came in and removed them.

Went to see the Spirit the other night and got the same thing noisy teenagers, one who obviously has more money than sense when she paid 10 euro in to sit there and text someone and every few minutes asking "Whaa did he jus say?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

javaboy wrote: »
    That reminds me. If you lot think the cinema is bad, try going to a panto. I went to see Cinderella over the Christmas with some young relatives. The audience was whooping and cheering and whistling and clapping and laughing. At one point they were actually having a full blown argument with one of the actors about whether or not somebody was behind them or not.

When it got to the bit where
    the prince asked Cinderella to try on the glass slipper, they were all shouting at him that she was the one.
    Totally ruined the dramatic impact of him realising he'd found his mystery woman imo.

After we left, the kids I was with asked me why all the other people were so rude and noisy during the show. I honestly didn't know what to tell them.

I went to a panto with my family including uncles, aunts and cousins. We were in the middle of the theatre and my sister decided to have a conversation with one of the actors about how much she liked his pants. It went on for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

and kids! what kid of parent brings a child to a completly inappropriate film? is therenot laws about who can and can't be allowed in age-wise.
    i remember being stopped a good few times when i was around 12/13. does this not happen anymore?

The 12A and 15A classifications were brought in a few years ago. Basically 12A means it's ok for children 12 or over but if a parent is with them, you can bring someone under 12 in.

I think it's led to an overall relaxation of the age restrictions in cinemas. Even if a film is 16s now you'll see a lot of cinemas treat it like 15A.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Where do I begin...

- When X-Men came out I was sitting in the front row of the stepped seating with my other half. The film was packed so I have a fella sitting directly next to me, the seats weren't too wide either so we were in contact. Every time there was a fight scene he fought along with the action, punching the air in front of himself shouldering me in the process. He was about 30.

- The girl who asked me to hold her MickeyD burgers for her while she got settled and then proceeded to munch her way through them and throw the wrappers down at my feet. Nice.

- Seat kickers, I fecking hate them. Especially people who let their children do it without telling them that it might be annoying for those in front.

- The friend of a friend who decided that The Others was way too scary and decided to start texting her boyfriend with her really bright phone. Then he rang and she answered. I was fit to kill her. My friend just thought this was find as it was just the way she is. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The guy wrote: »
    I heard(I know, it sounds very unreliable) that in some cinema in Wexford they have a jammer in place.

Report it to comreg.ie. Jammers cost operators money, they know when someone is interfering with them and quickly put a stop to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

A mate of mine is in a wheelchair and we regularly go to the cinema together. I couldn't count the amount of times where we have been forced to sit apart because people won't move from the seat beside the allocated wheelchair space. My mate is paraplegic so loads of times because he needs assistance with some things he has been forced to wheel into the aisle and park on a slant because of these little scumbags.

Its a general lack of manners and courtesy thats the main problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

I wonder if during these knacker's conversations, we put our head forward between them and started joining in with their conversation would it stop them? We could ask to join in the conversation since it's so much more interesting than the film.
    Have to admit, this **** really riles me more than a lot of things and I never manage to keep my cool any longer than about 5 mins before exploding at them..:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That reminds me. If you lot think the cinema is bad, try going to a panto. I went to see Cinderella over the Christmas with some young relatives. The audience was whooping and cheering and whistling and clapping and laughing. At one point they were actually having a full blown argument with one of the actors about whether or not somebody was behind them or not.

When it got to the bit where
    the prince asked Cinderella to try on the glass slipper, they were all shouting at him that she was the one. Totally ruined the dramatic impact of him realising he'd found his mystery woman imo.

After we left, the kids I was with asked me why all the other people were so rude and noisy during the show. I honestly didn't know what to tell them.

No offense, but was there really a need to put a spoiler on when discussing Cinderella. It's like putting a spoiler on when discussing the ending of Michael Collins or Titanic!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Titanic!!!

Ssssssh! I haven't seen that film yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

No offense, but was there really a need to put a spoiler on when discussing Cinderella. It's like putting a spoiler on when discussing the ending of Michael Collins or Titanic!!!

It's a little thing we like to call humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Michael Collins:
    He dies like you learned in school.
    Titanic:
    The boat sinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Went to see War of the worlds in San Diego a few years ago and behind me was this fella on the phone giving someone a play by play guide to everything that was happening the film. I knew he was on the phone but only copped on about 20 mins later. I had to turn around and ask him if he was for real. Think i embarassed him so much cause he left. And Americans say black people are annoying at the cinema. This dude was white.

Titanic:
    The boat sinks.

****. I couldn't help myself. :mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I don't usually have problems during the film. I mainly go to movies if they have been out a few weeks, perhaps that weeds out the pricks.

Two occasions I recall were.

I went to see an early show on my own to kill some time and the cinema was quite empty, say 5% full, I proceeded to sit down in the centre a few rows down from the middle (best seats). There was a man sitting on his own also one row ahead and maybe three seats to one side.

As I sat down he he turned around like he had just seen a ghost grabbed his coat and bag and called me a queer for sitting behind him ( a bit harsh I thought). He moved a few rows away scowling like I had stolen his precious seat, at this stage I was a bit confused and two girls were giggling at him from across the room.

So ever the one to play up to a crowd, I slowly moved closer to him again, he had to move again three times before the movie started and each time I followed him. He called me a ****ing weirdo at one stage, which is more accurate that queer.

The other time a woman sat beside my mate and physically started to molest his genitals, she was beat, we left, he has never been the same again.

tba wrote: »
    I don't usually have problems during the film. I mainly go to movies if they have been out a few weeks, perhaps that weeds out the pricks.

Two occasions I recall were.

I went to see an early show on my own to kill some time and the cinema was quite empty, say 5% full, I proceeded to sit down in the centre a few rows down from the middle (best seats). There was a man sitting on his own also one row ahead and maybe three seats to one side.

As I sat down he he turned around like he had just seen a ghost grabbed his coat and bag and called me a queer for sitting behind him ( a bit harsh I thought). He moved a few rows away scowling like I had stolen his precious seat, at this stage I was a bit confused and two girls were giggling at him from across the room.

So ever the one to play up to a crowd, I slowly moved closer to him again, he had to move again three times before the movie started and each time I followed him. He called me a ****ing weirdo at one stage, which is more accurate that queer.

The other time a woman sat beside my mate and physically started to molest his genitals, she was beat, we left, he has never been the same again.

To be honest if I was having a **** in the cinema and you sat behind me looking over my shoulder I would call you a queer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Just remembered 2 more!

1-Was at "X Men 2",this elderly couple were sitting beside me,every so often the wife would go "Whats this now?Whats this?".Then,10 minutes before the end-"Jim,is this a science fiction film?" :eek:

2-At an other film,had some popcorn,a middle aged woman and her fella set beside me.yer one taps me on the shoulder and goes "Can I have some popcorn?".I laughed,thinking she was joking.She taps me again "Well,can I?We didn't have time to get some outside".I said no,and tried to ignore her.She turns to her fella "Can you believe the cheek of him,I only wanted a bit,will you ask him?".yer man looked mortified

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Niamho! wrote: »
    when i went to see the Strangers a while ago there was a group over the far side of dopes who just kept pi**ing themselves laughing Really loud. Oh God...theres nothing more annoying. the fact that they pay to sit there and laugh through a horror.

Was it in Dundrum? That was probably me. I'm sorry, but the film was not scary, and was incredibly funny, nothing I could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Post reported for not getting jokes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Seen Twilight in UCI Blanchardstown. There was 2 girls behind me and my friend. One kept kicking the back of my seat, relaly fiercly and laughing at it, though I didn't provoke her or give her the satisfaction of getting annoyed at her. This happened frequently throughout.
    Her phone went off half an hour through, she answered "Wha? Ma, I'm in the cinema, it's only been half an hour"
    The mother rang an hour into the film, guess she thought it was going to be a quick film and the girl "Ma! It's not over yet, don't pick me up yet"
    Then near the end, her friend went "Oh yeah, I remember readin' dis! At the end..." proceeds to spoil the ending to which the original girl says "Jaysus ya spoilt the film on me! I'll ring me Ma to get us so."
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If we were allowed to carry guns this sort of thing wouldn't be a problem.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If we were allow carry guns this sort of thing wouldn't be a problem.

And people wouldn't accidentally step on your toes when they try squeeze by you either.

And people wouldn't accidentally step on your toes when they try squeeze by you either.

Damn straight.

Fecking babysitters!

Fecking babysitters!

Everything on AH is just one big revolving self-reference to you, isn't it? :D

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Everything on AH is just one big revolving self-reference to you, isn't it? :D

The threads usually all come together like an episode of Seinfeld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There's a really nice cinema in Munich (where I live <---) called "Cinema" :rolleyes:
    The great thing about it is it shows films in their original language which most of the time is English. I used to be a regular until recently but stopped because I was sick of the f*cking Germans going and translating the bloody films for their mates that couldn't speak English !! :mad:

Why the f*ck would a German go to an English movie in Germany when they can see it in German in every other cinema. I know some like to see movies in the original language but why go if you can't understand the language in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I imagine that somebody with a head shaped like a penis in the cinema would be a distraction but it should not allow you to miss the film or ruin your enjoyment. Just bring a gay person next time.

Fecking babysitters!

If one person gets it then its all worthwhile. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

On the subject of nice cinemas the Grosvenor Cinema in Glasgow is great - couches all along the back with loads of leg room so you can really relax. Haven't seen any talkie/phonie people in there either. Great place to see a film.

And to lighten the mood - went to see Night of the Lepus during the Horrorthong and during the opening news-reel footage of rabbit plagues in Australia some wisearce shouts out "Did Len find the rabbits yet Ted?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

You can't use mobiles in the Wexford Omiplex not sure why but I'm delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

KTRIC wrote: »
    There's a really nice cinema in Munich (where I live <---) called "Cinema" :rolleyes:
    The great thing about it is it shows films in their original language which most of the time is English. I used to be a regular until recently but stopped because I was sick of the f*cking Germans going and translating the bloody films for their mates that couldn't speak English !! :mad:

Why the f*ck would a German go to an English movie in Germany when they can see it in German in every other cinema. I know some like to see movies in the original language but why go if you can't understand the language in the first place.

Happened to me recently in Swords.

Group of Eastern Europeans were in, and one of them, who understood English kept translating the funny lines of the movie to them...So they'd burst out laughing about 60 seconds after the rest of us had stopped.

It was very strange.

You can't use mobiles in the Wexford Omiplex not sure why but I'm delighted

No mobile phone coverage in Wexford as a whole perhaps? ;)

No mobile phone coverage in Waterford as a whole perhaps? ;)

Waterford ≠ Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No mobile phone coverage in Wexford is a hole perhaps? ;)

FYP:pac:

Waterford ≠ Wexford

Please refrain from drawing attention to my stealth edits. Thanking you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Was watching Die hard 4.0 when this couple sat next to me. They each had popcorn. Shortly into the film I get a tap on my shoulder...

"Sorry....is your popcorn salty?" asks the girl
    "ahh..................n.oo" I says
    "Mine is:" she replies" "It's too salty"

And she continues to take her popcorn out individually and blowing hard on them before eating it. She had a large popcorn so it was 15 minutes of
    "PPPPHHHHFFFFFF"
    I just thought cinema life is getting stranger and stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Except that AH is funny from time to time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

I feel your pain OP. This is another fine example of the ever growing culture of scum that is creeping into this city.

The country is falling to its peril and these parasites will suck the blood out of us all. Unless we're very careful this country will be a wasteland in a few years. Is this what you want for the children of tomorrow? We must fight back

It's time to against the scum. take a stand. It's time to say enough is enough.

It's time, for The Citizen.

:mad:

Ooh. Maybe I should get a gimmick too.
    I need something annoying and pointless that makes my posts more difficult to read.
    Now which one of these pretty buttons will I abuse to make my posts stand out more? Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ooh. Maybe I should get a gimmick too.
    I need something annoying and pointless that makes my posts more difficult to read.
    Now which one of these pretty buttons will I abuse to make my posts stand out more? Hmmm.

Ooooh underline certain words too! It would be sooooooooo coooooll!!!111!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

The rustling of sweet wrappers and paper just does it for me, its like people wrapping Christmas presents at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

I went to see "Remember the Titans" with my brother in Cardiff, there wa a group of black American woman a few isles down from us..... they wouldn't stop shouting and trying to talk and give advice very loudly to the characters on screen.

I thought the others in the cinema were going to kill them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I feel your pain OP. This is another fine example of the ever growing culture of scum that is creeping into this city.

And uh...what city would this be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

when I went to see the two towers, the cinema was very full. group that arrived beside me snuck in a bottle of whiskey and topped off their cokes with it. the guy sitting directly beside me got quite drunk and was becoming a bit restless, so to quieten him, his gf to his left threw her jacket across his lap, then proceeded to **** him off under it. that quietened him down for a bit, and i didnt cop it til he came and couldnt keep squeels to himself. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Except that AH is funny from time to time.....

Can we get this user banned please? thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement