Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Achievement Whore... You might like trueachievements.com.

• 06-01-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this recently, it's an online community that ranks your gamerscore based on the difficulty of the achievements you've gotten.

Their methods could be questionable (I think they calculate values based on the number of people who have the game versus the number who have the achievement), but it's certainly interesting and would reward those who got 1000 points in Dead or Alive 4 a lot more than those who got 1000 points in Madden 06.

For those interested linky

If you do sign up, post here so people can add each other!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Will have a look at that when i get home.
    Its blocked here at work, sounds good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a cool idea alright. Its scanning my games now. From what I can see, very easy achievements are just +1 on the original (so if an easy achievement is +10 to your gamerscore, your TA will be +11). Here are some of the conversions its doing for some of the trickier achievements I've got - the real GS in (brackets), TA score is in [brackets].

Marble Blast Ultra: Marble-fu Transcendent (35) [90]
    Finish all Advanced levels under par time.

Geometry Wars 2: Smile (25) [101]
    2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18 and 19.

Geometry Wars 2: Game Over (15) [37]
    Reach the end of sequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Marble Blast Ultra: Marble-fu Transcendent (35) [90]
    Finish all Advanced levels under par time.

Geometry Wars 2: Smile (25) [101]
    2, 4, 11, 15, 17, 18 and 19.

Geometry Wars 2: Game Over (15) [37]
    Reach the end of sequence.

Great examples... I only have the last of those achievements. Some of your scores in GW are ridiculous. :cool: And Schadenfreude! :eek:

The only flaw I can find in their maths is that it's game specific and ratio based. For example a rock hard achievement worth (1) point (Bullet Witch on hard or something like that) will still only be worth a multiple of 1, perhaps [10]. That makes it tougher than an achievement for (15) points that is worth [75].... twice as hard in fact, but still worth less points!

Hope my writings make sense... Regardless, I like the idea behind the site. Lets get adding each other :)

Schadenfreude.... *shudder*
    Never again. :)

The only flaw I can find in their maths is that it's game specific and ratio based. For example a rock hard achievement worth (1) point (Bullet Witch on hard or something like that) will still only be worth a multiple of 1

Worse than that. I just looked it up (Bullet Witch on Hell Difficulty) and the TA score is 3! Harsh. Looks like x3 is the highest multiplier for a TA achievement so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hmm I wonder what my "true" score will be :D

edit: http://www.trueachievements.com/shane86.htm that's quite a jump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Did it take long to to receive the verification e-mail?

Vegeta wrote: »
    Did it take long to to receive the verification e-mail?
    No I got it straight away

HeyHeyAces 11,411 (9,237)
    9,237 is actual, 11,411 is TA score.

http://www.trueachievements.com/HeyHeyAces.htm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just registered and set it off to figure out how great I am, now the site seems to have crashed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Now it's working, must have been a glitch in the matrix. Doesn't seem to have added up my new total yet though although it does give me a new score for each game now:
    http://www.trueachievements.com/Spideog.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://www.trueachievements.com/kaimeraXBL.htm

Working away on my ta total.

My Friend Feed is starting to fill up now. Cool feature... you can see what the last few achievements your friends got. All Burning Eclipse at the moment though.... does the guy ever sleep? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

it seems to take ages to work out the total, it's been over an hour for me so far!

*edit* there it is now. I'm 64,307 from an actual GS of 48,607

The lines are now closed, all the calls have been counted and verified, the final results are...

28,208 (19,830)

... so I've gained nearly 10,000 points by doing nothing. w00t :D

http://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=208

Get in everyone... chrislad will be number 1 for life if he joins us mortals...

wanosd is his gt for those who don't know his phenomenal gamerscore.

Latchbones, grab the no 1 spot before he gets here ;)

We've a nice groups going already!

Me and Spideog have the highest true achievement ratio so far. 1.42!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I put in a wrong email by accident :o but it still seems to be working out my score.

ShaneU wrote: »

That's what I like the most about the site. Boardsies far and wide can now tell that you unlock a tougher variety achievement than most :)

The highest multiplier i think is x21.84 and you get it for the PES 09 achievement Ultimate Player worth 100gs (2,184)

• Advertisement

http://www.trueachievements.com/achievement.aspx?achievementid=11619

Apparently my latest achievement was in July 2007 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

just signed up there, thanks for the link.

seems to be quite a markup on some achievements - 326 / 100 on one of the grand theft auto ones :D its still chrunking the numbers on my TA score though :mad:

Haven't a clue how I've managed that? I thought I had got quite a few easy achievements in my time so would have expected my ratio to be worse than most peoples.

Mines finally just done there, 62,682 (40,295) with a TA ratio of 1.56.

will i am not... 1.56.

Hard. Core.

EDIT: Well, I'm late to the party, aren't I?

I mentioned this in another thread, to reiterate here... your gamerscore in Blue Dragon... How???

Danm it, my moment of glory has passed already.

I mentioned this in another thread, to reiterate here... your gamerscore in Blue Dragon... How???

That took me ages to get. I usually buy a game to grind to while I listen to podcasts and that was it back then, others have been Too Human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

My score is 36770 (27904). With a ratio of 1.32. Not too shabby. Just noticed a good few of the boardsies gamertags on the true achievements homepage while logging in. Good to see many getting involved! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

just a 0 beside my gamerscore???that mean it hasent worked it out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nice find and cool site. Just signed up so its still working my total out.

Advertisement