Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Option for reported posts via PM?

Options
  • 06-01-2009 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Just a thought!

I was wondering if there is any way of getting alerts of any reported posts automatically sent via PM? I guessing, like me, everybody gets these messages sent to their email account. However, it's often a considerable time after the post is reported that I discover the email.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah it's been asked before. The pm thing would be handy for when I'm not on my main pc and having to use webmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'd also like the be notified by pm. I started a thread about it before. At work I can access boards no problem but gmail is blocked. I can't see any reported posts til I get home. Sometimes I'll be online during the day but not notice that there was something to moderate until I check my email in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can change your mail address to something that's not blocked at work but a PM for reported post would be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yep same boat. gmail blocked. pm would be gooood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭trout

Same for me ... all webmail services are blocked in work.
    I'd much rather have PM notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

+1, tis a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

+ 1 gazzillion

and not to forget the clickety option to switch it off when not wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

peasant wrote: »
    and not to forget the clickety option to switch it off when not wanted
    An absolute must.

Can it be opt-in instead of opt-out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Des wrote: »
    An absolute must.

+1 to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/shrug

boards email set to a yahoo account which is then signed in to yahoo messenger via trillain on the desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Des wrote: »

Indeed.
    I don't want my PM inbox flooded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

+1 as an option it would be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Copied to Development. I would also say that opt-in is an absolute must. I can't imagine anything worse than getting PMs for reported posts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

+1 as an opt-in (choose PM, email or both). :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's in the next version of vBulletin we're due to upgrade to.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh, hang on a tick, misread the thread title, my bad.

Just "report a PM" is in the next version, nothing on reported posts going to PM, I'd have to write that one myself (heaven forbid). So, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmph! Thanks Removed so.

/huff

Report a PM though, that's still cool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seamus wrote: »
    Hmph! Thanks Removed so.

/huff

Report a PM though, that's still cool.
    Yes and will be very handy when it comes to pm spammers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement