Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery going dead

Options
  • 06-01-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

In the past month the battery in my fiesta has been going dead alot. Well about twice. Im not sure if its the cold weather or if its something else. This is the first time it has happened since i got the car 3 years ago.

Anyway when it happens the lights and radio work but then the car wont start unless i jump start it. The battery is about 3 and a half years old so i suppose it wont hurt to get a new one.

So im here just asking is it the battery thats causing the problem or if its something else considering other things are working in the car?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

More than likely the battery needs replacing. It may very well power the radio and maybe even the lights but there isn't enough "juice" to start the engine.
    The recent cold snap killed the battery in my Astra.

My advice - Save yourself the hassle and just buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Sounds like the battery is shot. It could be something discharging it but it would likely be more regular than twice in the last month. Also, if it's more than 3 years, its likely to be past its best before date and teh cold weather will really test it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I agree with the other lads....get a new battery!

Advertisement