Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power consumption and distribution

Options
  • 06-01-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

well guys,

I went for a walk with the girlfriend there the other day here in germany and I was surprised to find that she actually lived about 500meters away from the this fantastic computer shop. (cant remember the name of it or the website)

they have EVERYTHING. literally...everything. its something along the lines of a walk in komplett except cheaper. just bought a 4gb micro SD card for 9 quid.

anyway, they have some gtx260 216 cores in there from €250 upwards. and quite frankly. im sold.

now im wondering can the old PSU handle it. I just drew out the cable distributions on a sheet of paper and it turns out, that on one 12v molex @ 18A ill have to hook up the following:
    • DVD drive
    • HDD
    • HDD
    • HDD
    • 120MM FAN
    • 120MM FAN
    • 80MM FAN
    • 2 COLD CATHODES

now I can branch all those 8 bits on to one another fine. (I think) and ive worked out that at a maximum they will be using approx 9.4a combined

it seems as though it should be okay, but....so many bits on one molex cable?...am I looking for problems?

Advertisement