Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Advice

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I am looking to join my company pension scheme this month. I have a number of fund options in which i can invest in from various different providers including Zurich, Canada Life and Irish Life. I have the option of investing different proportions in the various funds but I'm not sure what to do.

Should i go for more high risk funds where i stand to make a greater gain now that a lot of stocks have dropped significantly in value and may increase once again over the coming years. Or should i invest in cash or bond funds where a small gain is guaranteed over the coming years and take no chance at all.

I am in my mid-20's and think i should now start contributing. I will also receive a 5% contribution from my employer and avail of tax benefits but what are these benefits likely to amount to?

Any advice?

Advertisement