Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFLOW.IE

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Guys

In October I passed thru the toll bridge twice and received the notice informing me I owed €6 for my trips. I logged on and paid for this and the site confirmed I had actually paid. However it was not deduced from my cc and now eflow are saying I never paid it and want an extra €80 for non-payment.

I know I know ye are all saying he's a chancer and never paid it in the first place but I know for a fact as the guy next to me in work had received a fine the day I was paying mine online (he eventually got off with it as it appeared on his laser card statement so he could prove them worng) When he heard I received the €80 fine he even said , but didnt you pay that the day I received my fine ?

I know their system was a shambles at the start with but has anyone else experienced something similar ? I know I paid it , their site confirmed it, but never processed the transaction :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jayo99 wrote: »
    I know I know ye are all saying he's a chancer and never paid it in the first place

no we're not, it happens all the time. when it happened to me i called up and said "i've joined the multitude who were told they didn't pay when they did" and the guy knew exactly what i was talking about. luckily for me i kept the receipt because i knew it was a shambles so there was no problem

call them up and tell them you paid and that's the end of it. their system is such a shambles that they can't in good conscience insist that you didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Hey Sam,

Yeah I already did this and the guy I was speaking to said he would pass it on to the complaints department.

Then after 2-3 weeks I received 2 more letters (one for each fine) saying they had checked their records, could not find any record of where I had paid it and would I please furnish them with my receipt of payment .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Always pays to print out those receipts/screen shots.

You just can't trust that eflow works. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jayo99 wrote: »
    Guys

In October I passed thru the toll bridge twice and received the notice informing me I owed €6 for my trips.

What notice did you receive? e-flow doesn't give notice, unless you haven't paid, then the charge is a lot more than €6.

If you have receipts for when you paid, then you're sorted. Without them, it's going to be very difficult to prove you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Did you pay by CC- surely this is a record in itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

However it was not deduced from my cc

Jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If it wasn't deducted from the credit card, and you don't have a receipt/proof that it was paid, you might not be able to escape. No harm in arguing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ive got the thing in my car window and they take the money out of my bank i was going over the m50 the other day and i was changeing lane just at were the thing gets read the thing didnt beep does this mean im prob going to get a fine as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Paulw wrote: »
    If it wasn't deducted from the credit card, and you don't have a receipt/proof that it was paid, you might not be able to escape. No harm in arguing with them.

I had the exact same issue and am just off the phone with them. I passed through on the 21st of december. believed I paid when I got to my destination but a few weeks later received notification that I owed them a lot of money. after some explanation they have refunded me the fine.

they seem to be pretty fair about it, they can't be anything else when they know they're screwing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

Ive got the thing in my car window and they take the money out of my bank i was going over the m50 the other day and i was changeing lane just at were the thing gets read the thing didnt beep does this mean im prob going to get a fine as well

Probably not. They will take a picture of your plate and cross-reference that against known subscribers. that's what they're supposed to do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Happened to me too. I'm not registered, but I got a bill for not paying the €3. I said I had a receipt. They said they had more than one crossing. I paid up.

Now, I just know I had a crossing just before Christmas, but I can't remember, and am expecting the inflated demand in the post any day soon. They, literally, hold all the cards, and the punter is, as usual in Ireland, helpless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

They are a shower of gobdaws!!!

I have been a tag holder since early October and have my account set up with them since then. I got two letters in the post saying I have unpaid charges and a bill for 80 in total. pics of my car passing through and everything.

I rang them straight away and he said that I hve two accounts one for my tag and the other for non registered customers.

Whats the point in having a tag if they are gonna keep charging you the fines??/ anyway they dropped the charge. Idiots

SectionF wrote: »
    Now, I just know I had a crossing just before Christmas, but I can't remember, and am expecting the inflated demand in the post any day soon.

So, you're saying you didn't pay after making the crossing, and some how this is e-flow's problem that they'll bill you for it?

SectionF wrote: »
    They, literally, hold all the cards, and the punter is, as usual in Ireland, helpless.

Pay when it's due, keep the receipt, you hold all the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jor el wrote: »
    Pay when it's due, keep the receipt, you hold all the cards.
    but what happens if you get a letter in the door telling you you didn't pay and you never even crossed the thing?

Then all you can do is demand to see if they have photographic evidence of your car crossing. Does anyone know if they do or can they force you to pay just by saying they have your reg?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Then all you can do is demand to see if they have photographic evidence of your car crossing. Does anyone know if they do or can they force you to pay just by saying they have your reg?

This is common enough, and you just ask them to prove it, by producing the photo. If they can't or won't, then you pay nothing.

Some day, this is going to end up in court, and e-glow are going to get fleeced for having such a crap, and unreliable, system.

I've been through it twice, paid twice, and kept the receipts. Still haven't had the charge applied to my card, and have received no bills.

Advertisement