Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 in low memory shocker...

• 06-01-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Howdy,

I woke up this morning with a flashing message symbol, highlighting that i have not enough memory to receive a message. So i went about clearing the inbox/outbox the whole lot.

I thought this was odd, firstly because I have all my messages save to my memory card (2gb) so i checked memory deatils and discovered that the memory card had 835mb free. I checked phone memory details and it reads 147mb in use, 0 free despite the listed info only amounting to a fraction of 147mb.

The phone is now unusable, I have deleted quite literally everying which is saved to the phone memory, (interestingly this is very little as the phone wont let me delete the vast majority of the applications).

None of the applications work at the moment with the exception of messages, but i still cant recieve them. With everything else the memory warning message appears.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Give it a factor reset.
    Have a read of this, be warned tho it will wipe everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Give it a factor reset.
    Have a read of this, be warned tho it will wipe everything.

I gave that a bash but to no avail, what ever is wrong with the phone stopped the hard reset and instead of reseting it just flashed up the same low memory meaasage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

there's another way to do a hard reset:

+ Turn off the mobile device.
    + Press and Hold the following three buttons: the green Call Answer button, the “*” button, and the number “3″ button.
    + While holding these buttons, turn on the phone and keep holding the keys untill the mobile phone restarts and prompts you to enter details.

this will also erase everything on the phone

Advertisement