Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Nct on imported car

Options
  • 06-01-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi, I imported a car last year and it will be 4 years old in march 2009. Do the NCT contact me with a reminder letter or do I contact them as you do for 2nd and so on NCT's.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Hi, I imported a car last year and it will be 4 years old in march 2009. Do the NCT contact me with a reminder letter or do I contact them as you do for 2nd and so on NCT's.
    thanks

You have to go to an NCT centre with your VLC so they can put it on the system. Its a bit ridiculous really but thats what I had to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ferris wrote: »
    You have to go to an NCT centre with your VLC so they can put it on the system. Its a bit ridiculous really but thats what I had to do.

I didnt, they sent me a letter as with any other car. VRTing it put it on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I didnt, they sent me a letter as with any other car. VRTing it put it on the system.

Can only go by my own experience from 12 months ago, the OP should ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Imported last summer, and waited and got NCT notification by post without any further action on my part...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same with me. VRT'd it Jan last year, NCT appointment shortly after. Actually, same two years ago as well. These were both through the Limerick office if it means anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement